LED indicators advice/help - load resistors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jendy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm thinking about changing over to LED reverse lights for a bit more oomph in the dark (without adding extra lights and so on). Then I thought why stop there?!? Why not do them all!

From what I have read the indicators is not simply replacing the globes with LEDs, but adding load resistors, which is all good so far. I've also read that for each indicator globe I replace, I need to add a load resistor.

My query is, does it matter where in the circuit I place the load resistor? For example on my D40, would it matter if I replaced all 3 globes on one side (front, side and rear - left or right) and placed all 3 load resistors in the engine bay where its easy access/mounting? Or do I need to place each load resistor near the globe itself? Now that I am typing, I wonder if you can get larger load resistors so the whole circuit only needs one larger one...?

Any thoughts on this would be awesome - thanks!

All the load resistors are doing is make the traficator( the thing that makes the lights blink ) think it has the same amount of load. In theory it doesnt matter where you put them as long as its connected to the indicator circuit.

That's what I thought/hoped.

Have you or anyone else heard of having to put resistors in on the brake lights?

You should do it the proper way and replace the flasher relay with a LED flasher. Heaps better than having massive resistors hanging around your indicators.

Back