Led light bar in lower grill space

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgmd40

Reaction score
Has anyone put a light bar in the lower grill space on the d40? I don't want to put a nudge or bullbar on to get better lights and thought a 30" bar would fit nicely with room for the radiator to breath still.

gday champ,

im a pathfinder owner (i look through this forum as a great assistance in getting to know diesel/ turbo's), i have pick here of r51 with led light bar in the said space.

im am going to do it once i had tested the space with a blanking plate to see air flow issues.

cheers pace.

Attachments

• R51 LED Light bar.jpg
    R51 LED Light bar.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 3,581
Last edited:
I put one in the equivalent place in my bull bar. Even with the 2 x 9" Lightforce lights infront of the grill I have no issues with heat

20130831_130848_zps11e96028.jpg

This will give you an idea just how much space was taken up by the light itself

IMG_1286.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys guys, good to know there's no issues. I'm driving melbourne to Gold Coast over Xmas and wanted to have the bar in there for the trip. ( takes me a while to get things done these days)

Here's my test fit of a 20" dual row bar. Only reason why I didn't mount it here was that it was too low and not enough angle movement to adjust it up.

Was a nice spot though.

Attachments

• 969208_10151699834666399_1579726869_n.jpg
    969208_10151699834666399_1579726869_n.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 698
Does this horn need a compressed air tank on board - It sounds like an air horn .

MMMM yup lol
Nothing worse than trying to get the lid open when doing a recovery on a hot track and have to fumble for keys.
Tried leaving it unlocked and it would fly open when you really didnt want it

This is when I first installed everything and was manually connecting power etc. Since then have got a switch on the dash as well as full remote control to operate the lid opener

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgKG3yDFFHM[/YT]

Last edited:
G'day
I mounted 2x9 Great White Light bars inside the bumper behind the number plate. Had to take the grill out to get access for doing up mounting bolts. The lights are suspended, so sit above the No plate. I used this size so I could angle them for more width if I wanted to. Most people don't realise they are there and when they finally see them are impressed with the appearance.

i'm doing the horn too lol there is one on "evilbay" that's 110db ! love it ! I wonder how they work after being for a swim on river crossings ?

I did light in grill also, no issue with airflow up in NQ

Attachments

• 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 299
I am trying to fit a 13 inch light bar in the lower space but it is too long to sit centred in that space. Any suggestions on how to make it work?

Latest posts

Back