led light bar mounted on sports bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyf09

Reaction score
Has anyone mounted a led bar on their sports bar? Does the roof of the cabin obstruct the light when its on?

Just put one on yesterday, haven't tried it at night. Thinking it may have to go up higher.

Attachments

• 7-11-14 036.jpg
    7-11-14 036.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 147
hey guys, just a few questions.
what size light bar are in the pics?
how are they attached to the sports bar (pics would be epic)
where did you run the cable to the light bar from?

thanks for your help

Actually mine was a super quick job...looks like garbage..slightly embarrased to photo it...however chop's looks good.not sure on his size...looks big tho.

42"bar and I found some round rubber spacers to get it up higher.

I just drilled through the roll bar and got bolts from the bolt shop but I hit the with some cold gal. You can get it in a spray can from the hardware. It will stop it from rusting.

I just drilled through the roll bar and got bolts from the bolt shop but I hit the with some cold gal. You can get it in a spray can from the hardware. It will stop it from rusting.
Could always use stainless bolts and the alloy bar won't rust anyway...
No crush tubes ? I just assumed it would collapse when tightened or eventually rattle loose
If you dont want to have the nuts visible on the bottom, drill straight through fron the top and then use a step drill bit or big enough size drill bit to be able to fit a socket through. Then with a deep socket you can put the nut up inside the bar, that way there's no risk of crushing it...

Could always use stainless bolts and the alloy bar won't rust anyway...

The local bolt shop didn't have stainless M6x125. The longest he had in M6 was 40mm. The best he could do was high tensile in M6x125 thus the cold gal paint

Fair enough... I guess that's the issue with them being so small lol.

Speaking of which, I may have to try and get hold of some stainless sheeting and make new mounts for my light bar... Chinese steel painted with Chinese paint hasn't lasted long hahahah. They are quickly on their way to rusting away to nothing hahahah

Latest posts

Back