left door banging sound when hit bumps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right there! Today's selection is from the brewers at Crown, a client dropped 2 slabs off earlier today so I didn't want them to go to waste.

No but I found someone with a similar problem in a Dualis and they are getting the same amount of assistance from Nissan.

nissan are looking at mine today as part of the 10k service... highly likely that they will tell me nothing is wrong, but I thought I'd start trying. When I told the service manager, he said 'yeah ok sounds like the striker needs adjusting'

The guy I know with the Dualis has had Nissan tell him it's the internals of the door lock mechanism, but even with that helpful information they haven't offered a solution.

I atm still believe its the seatbelt thingy, untill proven otherwise..

Someone metioned earlier that the passenger door hook thing isnt plastic coated and its the problem, but mines all coated.

anyway I'll wait in anticipation for an answer.

mine still happens when there is a passenger in the seat, so it cant be the buckle, but might be the other little thing on the belt?

Yeah it could be internal in the door pillar like maybe a plug and socket for the electrics of some kind but they are usually wrapped fairly well at the factory. There isn't much else inside the door pillar that wouldn't be fairly obvious I wouldn't reckon but a screw driver a spanner and 5 mins work should prove that.

mine still happens when there is a passenger in the seat, so it cant be the buckle, but might be the other little thing on the belt?

the rear one does it as well.

Krafty, have checked in side the pillar, nothing inside large or loose enough to make that banging.

anyway keep on the trail fella's, the more the merrier.

Took mine in to Nissan to get the noise checked out and they've said its worn body mounts and they've ordered in some new ones to replace. Will post back once they've swapped the mounts to see if its fixed the issue.

the result of the service today,
"checked and adjusted door striker to improve door closing and checked to confrim rattle no longer present"
time will tell...

the result of the service today,
"checked and adjusted door striker to improve door closing and checked to confrim rattle no longer present"
time will tell...

The striker cannot be adjusted due to the design. (unless you weld up the holes and re drill to suit or slot them)
The striker is held on by 2 counter sunk screws to locate the plate. If like mine the captive nuts inside the B pillar are out of position then this occurs.
The captive nuts on mine are clearly cock-eyed and out by several mm and Nissans solution is to adjust the door at the hinges and this cause the door to misalign with surrounding panels.

Took mine in to Nissan to get the noise checked out and they've said its worn body mounts and they've ordered in some new ones to replace. Will post back once they've swapped the mounts to see if its fixed the issue.

Sorry Nissan thats a crock'ó'shit,
mine did it when i took my first long drive from new and got that noise down the Jammo/Eildon road and only had 500 on the clock.
Tell us another one Nissan.

The striker plate may need adjusting inwards but Aido had the same problem and his striker plate was out of wack completely from factory.He had to take it to a panel beater and get it fixed and I think Nissan came to the party with the repair.Take it to a panel beater and get them to check the striker plate is in line with the door and if it is f#@ked from factory like Aidos hit Nissan with it.

Your lucky then,
cause its akin to listening to a nagging woman on a long drive.

Once again you must have purchased the wrong model. It rattles, bangs, whinges or nags take it back and get the updated version.

Yeah...

If I gotta put up with the noise, might as well have a ''younger" version to play with.

I'm happy with the model I got, there is very little noise and requires very little maintenance.

Latest posts

Back