left door banging sound when hit bumps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The striker plate may need adjusting inwards but Aido had the same problem and his striker plate was out of wack completely from factory.He had to take it to a panel beater and get it fixed and I think Nissan came to the party with the repair.Take it to a panel beater and get them to check the striker plate is in line with the door and if it is f#@ked from factory like Aidos hit Nissan with it.

i also have the same problem with my navara from the first day i drove out the car yard
iam a panel beater with 20yrs experiance up my sleeve mainly doing large smash work and rectification work from shonky tradesmans god i hate those buggers

i havent had a chance to work out the problem but once i do i will post my opinion soon

i also have the same problem with my navara from the first day i drove out the car yard
iam a panel beater with 20yrs experiance up my sleeve mainly doing large smash work and rectification work from shonky tradesmans god i hate those buggers

i havent had a chance to work out the problem but once i do i will post my opinion soon

Check the captive nuts behind the striker plate inside the B pillar. They are spot welded out of tolerance and the striker plate does not allow for adjustment. Please confirm if yours is the same.

1200 ks later the passenger door is not rattling, so what ever nissan did I'd say it worked, however the drivers side has started...

krankin, i have taped up all my seat belt buckels and all 4 doors still bang on bumps, i think its the top back corner that is not really fixed to anything if that makes sense!?

krankin, i have taped up all my seat belt buckels and all 4 doors still bang on bumps, i think its the top back corner that is not really fixed to anything if that makes sense!?

I'll check it out..

I know one thing is,
on my recent trip to lakes for 10 days and all four belts used i had no banging,
though I still keep an ear out.

need poeple sitting in those seats with belts off down a dirt track to help with a diagnoses.

i also found that if the belts are not kept straight yes u wil get a rattle from them,mine are the same and i usually strap them with velcro so they are not loose, but mine sounds as if the doors are not closed properly and they are banging.

Anthony

yes thats what it sure sounds like,
trouble is I've found NO signs of any wear marks that could account for the noises or even any "normal" wear.

i know what u mean by no wear marks i dont have any either, mine has been making this noise from all 4 doors since brand new a year and a half ago. i just ignore it now, the roads around here are rough as guts and i nearly got to the stage of screwing my doors shut until they started fixing roads up...

ours does it a bit, but i drive an 09 2wd for work and it is the same. i can see it out of the corner of my eye while cornering and going over a bump it looks as if the door is moving out, as if it's not closed properly. if you grab the door though and wiggle it up and down, even with it closed right over it feels tight like it should be, so the hinges seem ok.

being that it's mainly happening over bumps when cornering, i'm wondering if the bodies aren't very rigid and they are flexing a bit, causing the doors to rattle...? either that or the chassis have a fair bit of flex in them causing the same issue, by flexing the body during cornering...

I only get it on the left side,
but as i said before on my recent trip, it did'nt make a noise when i had passengers on that side...

I give up.....must be those farkin gremlins.

My D22 has had the door rattle ever since i owned it, only on the drivers door though. Usually not too bad a rattle unless on dirt or corrugations or maybe 15 months on i'm used to it.

i managed to have a quick peak at mine and i have noticed that the striker plate has been rubbing as it looks worn already
i still havent had anytime to look further into it
but once i do i will post my comments

2008 D22 ST-R bought it new Jan09. The drivers door was rattling heavily sounds like the door is only half closed. I've had Nissan look at it twice once on the 12month and again on the 24month service.

They tightened the bolts both times, this time they claim they put loctite which they went on to explain to me in depth what it does :) I just nodded politely.

I am still getting a slight rattle in the drivers door its far less noticeable now but its there and going by history from new and after their first repair attempt will only get worse. My major concern is that the door will open whilst driving either on road or off if it gets bad enough.

Last time I took it off road, prior to Nissan's fix, the drivers door really sounded and felt like it was shaking lose.

Are we expecting to much for Nissan to fix this, I don't want to mention the T word but maybe I should bought a Toyota :) Apart from that though its been a solid little ute the rear LSD is great in the slippery stuff and its handled everything I've pointed it at.

Latest posts

Back