Lift kit recommendations bang for buck

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOF@

Reaction score
Hi all,

So after using all my mod money on a cooked head that happened 1 day after purchase (due to busted egr putting coolant into my motor) I now have the funds to buy a lift kit. I'm hoping to sort it for $1000-$1300 can this be done well, I would like to do it on a budget but I don't want to make the mistake of buying something sh*t when I could have paid a little more and saved all the hassle later on.

What set ups do people have and for how long have you had it, also if you could do it again would you change anything?

I'm new to off-roading and don't plan on going to crazy just want to have some fun, do some camping and beach trips. I have a 2009 D40 Titanium duel cab 2.5 diesel with 218k on the clock with no plans for a Bullbar or winch and rarely have a load heavier then camping gear or the family bikes.

Cheers

Hi MOF@,

Welcome.. Do a search for ZORDO. He is the guru on all things suspension. He has a thread on here. He will look after you..

Cheers

Might be too late but just had fitted an Ironman 2" lift kit for $1758 all up, I did not change the shackles though as the vehicle is only 6 months old

Ironman kit 2" lift foam cell shocks on the front, gas nitro on the rear as it gives a better ride.
Drove it home and very impressed with the ride smooth and very comfortable surprised at the increase in ride.

They charge $440 fitting including wheel alignment which I reckon all up is a bargain...
http://www.4wd1.com/Nissan-Navara-D40.htm#sus

Will give it a test this weekend with some soft off roading and let you know how it goes...

Greasable shackles for urethane bushes, but are rubber bushes fine with stock non-greasable shackles? Or is there some advantage to the aftermarket shackles too?

You don't need greaseable shackles with rubber bushes

Sorry I should've worded my question a bit better, is there any advantage to running aftermarket shackles or is the only difference that they have the grease nipples fitted?

there is no advantage with greaseable shackles compared to factory shackles with rubber bushes.
If using urethane bushes always use greaseable shackles
Cheers

Just a quick note to anyone south of Brisbane considering a lift kit. I have a 2013 D40 and it would ride almost on the bump stops with my 17' Jayco hooked up putting around 190kg on the ball...I wasn't too happy about this and I made the fact clear to Nissan, their response is that I'd need to modify the suspension...and this is on a vehicle said to handle 300kg on the tow ball!!
To cut the story short I went to City Suspension at Slacks Creek (went there once years ago when I had a Jeep) and had them install an OzTec 2" 'Comfort' lift kit, actually it was 55mm in the front and 70mm at the rear...the OzTec big bore, long travel shocks combined with the 'comfort' leaf springs have turned this vehicle into a whole different ute...it handles corners and speed bumps like never before...cant wait to get up a favourite rocky trail...all this for around $1800. I know it sounds like I may have an interest in OzTec or the suspension place but I dont..just passing on my thoughts.

Latest posts

Back