Lift Kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mavris

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I went into ARB today to inquire about lifting my D40 and was told by the sales guy that i shouldnt lift it any more than an inch.. His reason was that the wishbone couldnt take the extra pressure, if lifted anymore than an inch. Im looking at lifting my D40 at least 2 inches.. Not entirely sure if I'm going to do any damage if i go ahead and lift it... Has any member had any problems with lifting their D40.. ?

Thanks in advance..

Mav

wishbone???I have no idea what the ARB guy is talking about,I don't think he did either. I'm running 40mm of lift, but it's not legal because of airbag compatability.

Only problem with 50mm ( manual) is the gear shifter becomes too short and it can be difficult to pick reverse, I would recommend cutting the blocks down to 40mm

Only problem with 50mm ( manual) is the gear shifter becomes too short and it can be difficult to pick reverse, I would recommend cutting the blocks down to 40mm
I don't see how a suspension lift could effect shifting. Now a body lift would effect shifting with a manual unless the shifter was extended.

Lifts on D40 normally about 40-45mm. Limiting factor is the CV joint angles, too high & these get stressed & pop. Lifts are often quoted as 2" but are really just under.
This lift will clear 265/75/16 muddies without a problem.
Never heard of a suspension lift affecting manual shifters or wishbones either.
The sales guy may have been referring to the short length of the wishbone limiting the articulation of the suspension, not much can be done there for a reasonable price.

I have ICON coilovers that that give me 3" of lift in the front. The limiting factor to the front suspension is the short control arms. Even with after-market upper controls you can't max out the C.V's.

Latest posts

Back