lifting d22 with shackels in rear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damienlegitt

Reaction score
hey guys, i have a brand new 2014 nissan navara d22 2.5 str
i have always had fast lowered cars up untill now.
anyway just wondering about lifting the rear with shackels

i am going to order some shackels just wondering if i need the bush kit as well or just the shackels to lift the rear 2 inchs , also im just going to wind the front torsion bars up to suite

anyone else lifted there nav this way ?

don't bother.
D22 rear springs are very prone to sagging, so they need fixing (add a leaf) or replacing anyway. adding a leaf will get you a 2" lift easy enough.
if you fit extended shackles you will simply end up with buggered springs and be repair/replacing the springs a bit later on. so you might as well do it from day one.

To lift the rear 2 inches you would need 4inch shackles. And yes replace bushings. You will get some get flex with standard springs and extended shackles

Last edited:
Nah everyone winds them up. Just dont wind them up all the way. Make sure you leave atleast a 15mm gap between top bump stop and upper control arm.

Depends how far you wind them up. I wound mine up so I have around 10mm from the upper bump stop and it's fine. I wouldn't go any closer than that with factory uca's anyway...

add a leaf.
your going to do it now or your going to do it later. have a look underneath and see if the springs are flat already.

how much higher is one leaf going to get me tho, im adventurely going to do a complete lift kit, but ill wait till my stock suspension is flogged out, my car is a month old 2015 model so i couldnt justify throwing away all the brand new suspension just yet lol? just want abit more height

Latest posts

Back