Lightbar on Sports Bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2013 ST D40, I want to mount a light bar - or two little lights facing backwards.

I want to put them under the bar facing backwards, but don't really want to use a clamp. Would like to screw it into the light bar but run the wires though the bar.

Has anyone done this or have any advise for doing this?

They're just light, hollow tubes. It should be fairly easy to drill a hole large enough to pass the wires into and then feed those wires through until they reach one of the ends. There should be a hole in the end (to let water out, because the plastic joiner doesn't seal it!) and it's a decent size, so you should have no trouble fishing the wire out of it.

It goes without saying that it's easier to do when it's off the car. That's when you'll notice that it's barely heavier than a full can of coke.

Look this

uploadfromtaptalk1402487145118.jpg

Actually took the truck for a drive last Sat night from Bungendore to Tarago .Pitch black, no street lights no moon and it was raining. The 220watt bar I have on the sports bar did a great job.I was able to switch between the 100watt led bar in the bull bar , the Lightforce lights on the bull bar and the LEd bar on the sports bar. With the wet roads the standard quartz lights were close on useless.With High beam, fog lights and LightForce on I could only just make out the road surface as it was wet.Turn off the LightForce and turn on the LED and no more need for Fogs ,I could see the height of the trees on the sides of the road plus at least 400m down the road clear as day. The white LED light just showed all details really well.Would highly recommend the use of LED lights where possible, the difference is HUGE

Rsk I'm after some brackets that you have used to fit the lights to that cross piece of the sports bars in your first photo. did you make them up yourself or buy them?

Latest posts

Back