log book servicing at nissan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navara08

Reaction score
hi everyone, i just bought a new navara d22. i have read up on a few forums saying that you dont need to take it to a nissan dealer to service the car to keep the warranty. is that true?? any information would be appreciated. thanks

Its true but when it comes to a warranty issue it has to go back to nissan and they might try and play the blame game.

By what Ive read of it they could even if you get them to do it.

As long as your service book is stamped there is nothing legaly they can do.

Yeah dont get me wrong theyll still try and get out of it, its just harder for them to say "x" wasnt done properly when they have done everything.

Not sure about the d22 but the d40 , if you dont get Nissan servicing , after 12 mths you loose the roadside assist benefit .

just part of the T/C . If i take mine to nissan to get it serviced i get 2 years extended warranty for free

I did and stamped my own services, then about 12 months after buying the Navara, i had to take it back to nissan for warranty work, and they didn't bat an eye lid. I was actually waiting for an argument because they weren't doing the services, but they looked at my service book and they were happy.

cheers,

Lance

I have just had mine serviced for the first time and I asked the question because my brother is a grease monkey and I want him to do the servicing and they said as long as the book is stamped by a registered machanic you keep your warranty for the life of the warranty period.

Thats from my dealer but they may vary

hey guys... ive had my nissan for 12 months now ...d40 ( but the pov d40 my mate calls it... wind down windows)..had the biggest blow up with nissan about service ..they reckon i had to take it back to where i brought the car from...far enough...but when i work away interstate its a bit hard to get it back on time..i cancelled my ex warrenty got money back for them for that ...now i take it to the local guys for service and its half the price from nissan....not $990 for the 40k service....$400.and as for warrenty work thats another story........cheers guys...mick

I have just bought a new D40 and its coming up for its free 1000km service which i will get done by the dealer, but after that i was gonna go elsewhere. Can anyone suggest a good place in Brisbane, preferably south east or near the airport? Or is it worth just getting the dealer to do it? This is my first brand new car so im working on the assumption that dealer services tend to be more expensive???!

Cheers,

Mick who do you use for servicing. I was using Maitland City motor group the !@#$%^&* damaged my left front door. I cant prove it was them as I didn't check the car before I picked it up.

My brother is the leading hand panel beater on the old highway in maitland, so I will get him to fix it for me. I shouldn't have to get him to fix it but I have no proof.

I now get the ute serviced by Rutherford motor's, I cant say a bad word about there servicing and have never heard anyone say a bad word about the guy either.

Dave.

I was just looking through my service books for some information and found out that not even Nissan can do the job properly.

I know the 1000k complimentary service is just to check that all the bolts are still tight and the belts are still there but if dealers want to press upon buyers the importance of log book servicing you reckon they'd make sure they filled the book out themselves.

Despite whether the 1000k service is a must have thing if you went to trade your car in and the service book was missing a log book service as the buyer of your trade in a bastard dealer tells you the car hasn't been serviced properly or as a warranty they say you failed the warranty yet my dealer can't be bothered filling out the book to say they opened the bonnet and checked the bolts for its first service.

Looks like my dealer is getting another phone call tomorrow, I'll even supply them with a pen if they can't afford to equip their mechanics with one.

hey guys... ive had my nissan for 12 months now ...d40 ( but the pov d40 my mate calls it... wind down windows)..had the biggest blow up with nissan about service ..they reckon i had to take it back to where i brought the car from...far enough...but when i work away interstate its a bit hard to get it back on time..i cancelled my ex warrenty got money back for them for that ...now i take it to the local guys for service and its half the price from nissan....not $990 for the 40k service....$400.and as for warrenty work thats another story........cheers guys...mick

Hey D40,

Nissan Service is a rip off mate, I thought about getting my old D22 serviced by Nissan for it's 80K service. The service manager showed me a big LED board with all cars cost of service and the D22 was just shy of $1400. I nearly fainted.

I did the service myself for around $500. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for service at Nissan, but I won't be bent over a barrel and shafted :hmpf:

Cheers,

DJ

My mechanic chargers $650 for a major service which i do every 40,000k.
He keeps telling me 'you know what nissan are charging now for a major?' and i say 'i dont want to know'. And then he reminds me why i started going to him, but it worked out good because he is a qualified diesel mechanic and im not being smart but i dont think nissan would have qualified diesel mechanics working for them, the money for a diesel mechanic is way better probably triple the amount if you work on trucks, buses etc...

But like i said i dont know so im not saying they dont have diesel mechanics.

Mate of mine did his apprenticeship at Nissan/Toyota and continued on after he became a qualified mechanic to become a diesel mechanic. Nissan were happy to keep him on once qualified but there was no incentive to stay because they had one qualified diesel mechanic in the workshop and unless he left my mate was never going progress so he left and started his own business.

That's not to say all Nissan workshops are like this, and it was quite a few years ago but atleast at one stage my local had a qualified diesel mechanic in house. Given I don't use dealership mechanics now it's not like I'll be finding out soon either.

d40service

G'day D40.... like you I had mine done from my local dealer, Von Bibras I had lots of issues, made several complaints and started to look for a independant diesel mechanical , but then i tried tweed nissan..... who i highly recommend now....worth a try if your ever down here on the coast, worth trying........MG

Mate of mine did his apprenticeship at Nissan/Toyota and continued on after he became a qualified mechanic to become a diesel mechanic. Nissan were happy to keep him on once qualified but there was no incentive to stay because they had one qualified diesel mechanic in the workshop and unless he left my mate was never going progress so he left and started his own business.

That's not to say all Nissan workshops are like this, and it was quite a few years ago but atleast at one stage my local had a qualified diesel mechanic in house. Given I don't use dealership mechanics now it's not like I'll be finding out soon either.

Thanks for clearing that up a bit, i dont want to be making up false statements.

Back