Loud rubbing noise on full lock steering

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryno91

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have noticed a deep rubbing sound from the front end when turning full lock around a roundabout and some tight turns.. I am certain it's not the tyres as I have checked and also had a 2 inch body lift in for a couple months with the same sound. Could the cv's need replacing? Cheers

It's possible, but more likely with a suspension lift than a body lift. Body lift doesn't change the height of the diff so the CV angle remains the same. A suspension lift could do it if it was pushed too high.

I'd check to see what the car does at full lock when it's stationary. Could be the power steering pump, maybe not as full of oil as it ought to be?

Cheers tony apparently the tyres are scrubbing, which is surprising because I've had them on for 7 months and only just now have they started making noise.. They are 265/75/16

Yeah mate I'm the same. I've got rubbing against the chassis since fitting my 265/70/17 Achilles muddies

Latest posts

Back