LSD not working?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosery

Reaction score
Hi all just after some help. I think my LSD is not working properly/slipping. While im out offroad when in 4wd climbing steep hills if i come to a steep pinch just as my rear wheels are going over there is a strange clunk noise come from rear axle area and i lose momentem and traction. As i dont know much mechanically i have no idea but that is all i can come up with and some help would be great

Its a 05 d22 str. Im getting the oil changed on thursday so hopefully that fixes it. Cheers

Ha ha lmao nah I blew my first diff up in which the LSD was shit hot but the new diff I got the LSD is shit. It wasn't supposed to have done many kms but shit happens. I haven't done anything about it as yet but will get onto a mate that does them so I'll let you know

I had problems with my Lsd (2006 D22) , changed the viscosity from 90Lsd to a 140 Lsd, this is recomended for hotter climates and as I live in Darwin it definately solved the problem.
Worth a try.....
Also my advise is steer clear of castrol, does not handle hot conditions at all, these diffs run quite hot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back