malfunction indicator light keeps coming on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddead

Reaction score
so i done somthing pretty dumb, i filled my 04 d22 zd30 with premium (i realise how dumb this acyually is) any way i did not try to start it, the tank was completely drained of the petrol and filled with diesel before being started again. after about 30mins of driving the malfuntion indicator came on and there was a slight loss of power but still running reasonably, so i got to where i was goin (about 5mins away) and read the book it said its probly water in the filter so i drained the filter and it was running normally again for about 40mins when the same thing happened once again i wasnt far from home so i kept goin about another 5 mins and drained the filter again and it was alright, for a little while but sure enough same thing again so i thought maybe the filter is too contaminated and went and bought a new filter. i put it in and it ran fine for about 3-4hrs of highway driving thinking the problem was sovled then it came on again i topped my tank up and put a dose of injector cleaner in but it happening after about 2 mins of driving i kept draining the fuel and going again now it happens after about 30secs of idling and im worried i may have done somthing majorly bad, any ideas or help would be great, thanks

need to pull the fault code. instructions on how to do it yourself are on this site...somewhere.

so ive changed the fuel filter again and ran it for aout 5mins and the light didnt come on so maybe it was just a chocked up fuel filter, fingers crossed

Latest posts

Back