Mayday mayday!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krafty I don't think there kidding... The emergency signal for all se coastal areas as been initiated and we are getting a storm band from gympie to Brisbane, it's going to be a interesting day.

Last edited:
They are suggesting on today's news that Brisbane might yet go under, not sure if that's just media talk or fact but either way it;s still not good news.

more rain has been dumped in the bribane catchment in the last few day's than in 1974,it's all got to go through brisbane.

Yeah but the ARK only had two of every species unless some QLD'ers are willing to admit they are a different species to the rest of us only two can get in for the ride. :sarcastic:

Sorry is it too early for jokes :big_smile:

I'm not trying to be stick in the mud(excuse the pun)and I know we are an easy going country and joke to make light of things but I really don't see the need for smartarse comments and jokes esspecially to the people that are living through it and with so many lives being lost.
Do you agree with me about floods being worse now Krankin.

I've had a uncle missing for about 18hrs now ... Somewhere between Ipswich and toowoomba , we think he could be at a family friends farm but no power and communications are down so all we can do is wait. it's not a joke but unless your driving through it it's hard to understand what is going on... The Bruce highway is cut again now at caboolture... Think this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better...everyone needs everyone at the moment and I think this will touch everyone eventually!

Yeah but the ARK only had two of every species unless some QLD'ers are willing to admit they are a different species to the rest of us only two can get in for the ride. :sarcastic:

Sorry is it too early for jokes :big_smile:
yes,tell it to the s.e.s guy's in the boats looking for the 72 missing people.

I've had a uncle missing for about 18hrs now ... Somewhere between Ipswich and toowoomba , we think he could be at a family friends farm but no power and communications are down so all we can do is wait. it's not a joke but unless your driving through it it's hard to understand what is going on... The Bruce highway is cut again now at caboolture... Think this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better...everyone needs everyone at the moment and I think this will touch everyone eventually!
geez alpha our thought's are with you mate.

Alpha, good luck mate and I hope your uncle is relaxing with a few beers at a mates place.

Stay safe.

Dave.

I'm not trying to be stick in the mud(excuse the pun)and I know we are an easy going country and joke to make light of things but I really don't see the need for smartarse comments and jokes esspecially to the people that are living through it and with so many lives being lost.
Do you agree with me about floods being worse now Krankin.

sorry mate cant agree with you..

peoples lives, houses destroyed etc, all the same, whichever way they went, fire or flood,
and as I recall,

it wasnt about fire or flood it was about what "cant be controlled"

..build a firebreak around a town...wouldn't have done jack on Feb 7,

...build a levee wall around Brizzie....doubt it would have helped now.

When a fire OR flood is in full rage, there aint nothin gonna controll it,
just people got to be sensible and get out, then come back and sweep up the mess.

No ones being a smartarse here, just trying to maybe ease some pain as we aussies do, larrakinism, you know like it got the Diggers through the very worst of atrocities in the POW camps,
and I've noticed that the guys on here and up there atm have made a few wisecracks themselves.

Cheer up mate, we know too bloody well people up north are going through tough times,
people up there will know themselves when and when not to listen/see the lighter side,
just as we did here back on Feb 7 and the days after.

anyway getting offtopic again.

:cheers!:

Good news ... Uncle has been found... Thought I would be a good idea to drop into his mates at gatton instead of continue his trip late yesterday afternoon. Dave you were right... Pulled in cracked a beer and waited for help, there is some sense in the family. Scottybobcat I know what your saying it is a tragedy what's happening but blokes like krankin keep your mind thinking the worst. If anyone needs anything you have a forum full of good people... Let us know!

Good to hear he is safe and having a reasonable time. (well in the situation the best time you can have)

Dave.

Thats good news Alpha.Glad to hear he is ok.
I'm cheerful Krankin just find that its not funny.People are dieing and loosing everything not unlike Feb 7 but I didn't hear people making jokes about that and if I did they would get a smack in the mouth because we lost friends and have friends that have lost everything.How many dead bodies did you drive past that day Krankin and Krafty because I drove past shit loads of them and still dealt with shit for weeks after,then we contracted to do the clean ups and still found body parts and I'm sure the same thing will happen there.Its not something to make light of and joke about buteach to there own.
I like a joke as much as the next person but shit like this just shows your character and its not good at this end of the computer screen.

Thats good news Alpha.Glad to hear he is ok.
I'm cheerful Krankin just find that its not funny.People are dieing and loosing everything not unlike Feb 7 but I didn't hear people making jokes about that and if I did they would get a smack in the mouth because we lost friends and have friends that have lost everything.How many dead bodies did you drive past that day Krankin and Krafty because I drove past shit loads of them and still dealt with shit for weeks after,then we contracted to do the clean ups and still found body parts and I'm sure the same thing will happen there.Its not something to make light of and joke about buteach to there own.
I like a joke as much as the next person but shit like this just shows your character and its not good at this end of the computer screen.

well, thats your take, good luck to you,

just remember your not the only one to have seen shit, or lost things
seems with you though youv'e always know more, have done more, well good luck to you.

if you cant get over dealing with Feb 7, maybe you need to see someone instead of making threats of punching people in the mouth.
Just keep in mind, not everyone on here is a clone of you,
not everyones the same, people do and say things differently and you'll just have to except it, if not, well maybe change the channel,
cause what you think of me at your end of the screen, well frankly I dont give a toss.

:cheers!:

I don't need councilling over it Krankin and weather or not you give a toss what I think is your right.I know people arn't a clone of me also.
As far as knowing more or being better than everyone they are your words not mine and you are the one that has the name of top knob but there is no point talking to you any further about it because it seems you are the one that is always right.Maybe you should go for a deligate with the ETU as you would be very good at it as all of you union tossers are full of shit.
Any way back on topic all the best Alpha and I hope you and your family stay safe.

The dams around Toowoomba went from 8% capacity to overflowing in 2 weeks, that is an unfathomable amount of water.

263mm + in the last 24 hours up here. Brisbane is in the shit when it all finally makes it's way out to sea. But at least they have been warned and know it is coming.

Latest posts

Back