** Melbourne Storm **

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just take exception to the fact that the Storm have not purchased any "Stars". Their players have been brought through their junior developement system or have been discarded "average" players from other clubs.

And where's the scales of justice? The Bulldogs were over 2 mill over the cap for one year, they had their points taken away and were allowed to play on. The Storm were about the same amount over 5 years and have lost 2 Flags, 3 Minor premierships, millions in fines, lost points and can't earn any for the rest of the year. No consistency there. It has been said that they were 200k over the cap for the 2007 premiership year, hardly justifies having the flag taken off them.

David Gallop has said that they cannot reduce salaries to come under the cap, they MUST dump players to come under. That is just farcical in my opinion, and proof positive that they are determined to split the team up. Players have already agreed to take cuts so they can stay together, but that's not good enough for Gallop. Some of the penalties given to the Storm have been decided by Gallop alone, not Gallop AND the NRL board.

They aren't the only ones, maybe the Scott Prince free house saga will rear it's head again soon.

Woah there Jason that nearly sounds like a bitter Victorian passing judgment on the large money machine who are crying because they can't get their own way. Geez I'm glad someone who doesn't live in Victoria said it, we just get shit canned for saying something like that down here.

The AFL cried (sometimes silently) when their premiership cups started going interstate, it was their game and no one could play it like Victorians so having interstate teams win was just something they hated considering. In many ways the NRL's treatment of the Storm over the last 12 years has been the same but like the AFL they wont admit it.

David Gallop to me is just like that idiot Dometrio from the AFL too many dollar signs in his own pocket to give a crap about the job at hand. One day that might change but I can't see it happening anytime soon.

I just take solace in the fact that while Gallop and his friends might be happy to take back the premierships there is still no way they can re-write history. Everyone still knows the Storm won those flags, everyone still knows that on the day the Storm held those cups up for everyone to see and the books already written have Melbourne Storm as victors. For any books not written yet they can just put "2009 NRL Premiership between Storm and Eels, scores Storm 23 Eels 16. Winner Undisclosed according to Gallop rule."

Jason,
Where are the storms "development" teams - there aren't any they don't take part in any of the junior competitions....

Latest posts

Back