miss in engine

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav04

Reaction score
gday guys. i have a miss in my engine ( only in 4th gear but). i replaced the fuel hose that comes from the tank to the fuel filter with a clear one and found that there is small trail of bubbles going into the fuel filter. i guess that is why i have a miss in the engine. has anyone else had the same problem and if so where is this air getting into the fuel line?

ps. there are no fuel leaks any where along the fuel lines either.....ha me knackered :dontknow:

if its only 4th gear then its more likely to be the NPS (neutral position switch) on the gearbox.

ah ha.....just got a call from my mechanic. seems the pick up in the tank is sucking a small amount of air,he did fix this but the main instigator is the manual prime on top of the fuel filter has a air leak. looks like he is going to replace that and is confident that has solved the problem.

I would be surprised if its NOT the NPS, Nav04 mechanic is dreaming i reckon, he says it was the fuel pick up but then says once he fixes the primer he will be confident the prob will be fixed.....
He should disconnect the NPS first and see but then he wont be able to charge as much i guess.

Latest posts

Back