Mods to help fuel economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattwebb

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I have an 06 zd30 d22 I have don a few mods To it including lift steel bull bar bit bigger tyres ect so I thought I'd try some mods to help it along in the performance side but I want somthing that won't damage the fuel economy too much if possible I put a exhaust on it and was told it would give me a power increase and be better on fuel. Well so far I've got a little more power it sounds nice but lost about 70-100 ks per tank can someone tell me why this is if they know and what other mods are put there?

Sounds like you fell into the more power trap lol. Here is the thing about exhausts and better economy they do actually offer a fuel saving provided you drive in the exact same manner as you did b4. The problem is that nobody ever dose you have a nice little power gain and sometimes you have a nice sound so you adjust your driving to use the extra power or hear the sound and that is where you use the extra fuel. The good news is most people work this out after a while and a readjust sorts it out. A good Chip will also help it will come with the sam promises and the same trap my old d22 had a 10 stage chip and on the lower stages had great economy my problem was I didn't really care about economy so ran my car usually in stage 6 or 7 it had heaps of power but bad economy still it was fun to drive though.

the more power you have the more you tend to use it ;)

a few people have been putting electric fuel lift pumps in (and spill line mod) with good results.
not really a performance boost but helps keeps the IP fueled.

Latest posts

Back