Moreton Island Trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ourd40

Reaction score
Hey everyone, im heading up to moreton island in a few weeks.
I have never been there before and never really done much beach driving so just after some must see places to go as we are only there for a few days and also if i should spray under the car or if there is somewhere to go that does it with something? thanx Clint

probly need more than a few weeks for rustproofing to dry otherwise sand will just stick to it.
just inox the whole underside of your ute it will be dry in less than a week and helps stop corrosion, try to keep it out of rubber and poly bushes doesnt hurt them but can make them squeek

This may annoy some people BUT I now old ROOTHY from 4WD ACTION swears bye "LANOLIN" spray. You can get it from super crap auto in big spray cans then just spray it every where under the car and in all the holes in the chassis ect

yeah but id still use inox it sets a lot dryer (not sticky) buy a five litre bottle andput it in a garden sprayer or spray bottle. i did it for years on my old rodeo lived on the beach sold it a month ago after 7 years of regularish beach work no signs of rust

Yeah i look at like when i was i kid and racing moto x we use to spray WD40 all over the bikes, heaps of dust and crap would stick to the WD but it formed a sort of film layer between the two surfaces and made cleaning the bikes so much easier and the bikes always were in top condition.
Then we would spray them again ready for the next session.

spot on thats what i found with my old ute. once you come off the beach degrease the hole thing flood it with bulk fresh water let dry for a day or 2 then recoat in inox again. sometimes if it had been ages between beach sessions i would throw another coat on a few days before i went. can coat your engine in it to keeps rubber hoses clean and engine bolts and flanges rust free. might smoke for a few mins on start up as it burns of exhaust etc.

great place mate,been going there for the last 10 years.a few places to see are the wrecks near tangalooma,the lighthouse up the northern end and if your game a dip in the blue lagoon.have fun!!!!!

Make sure you head up to Cape Moreton and take the walk up to the lighthouse, it's quite nice. There's bugger all at Kooringal so don't make a special trip there, Honeymoon bay is nice, don't be fooled by the blue lagoon, it aint blue lol

Saying all that, I have been there maybe 10 or 12 times and absolutly love the place. I camp over the eastern side down towards White rock. You will love it.

Just watch out for dickheads getting off the barge, let tyres down grab low 2 and go for it if the tide is high as there will be a lot of soft shit to get through especially if he lands just north of the wrecks.

Latest posts

Back