Moruya NSW trip 2016

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jnrsnav

Reaction score
Hey all, all booked in for a trip to Moruya, leaving Boxing Day 2016 for 2 weeks with the wife, 2 yr old girl and family and friends.

Does anyone have any suggestions or special spots they recommend for a day trips. We will be based out of Moruya the whole time.

Thanks

Ash

I know it's 120km but Bega Cheese Factory is south of there and since you're most likely coming up the coast road, book that in for a stop at some point. There's a credit-card-only Caltex just outside that's handy too.

Also on the way to Moruya (or on the way back) is Central Tilba (skip Tilba Tilba). Not a lot of parking and there are some asses that park in the only two caravan parking spots which are too tight to put a large van in anyway so we just park in the bus zone at the entry side of the end of the main street. We did go all the way in with the van and had to do a turn around in the cheese factory parking lot - that wasn't fun! Narrow streets, best walked, some interesting things to see. There's a woodwork craftsman's store there with some very nice pieces (and a hotline to the bank's loan officer if you want to buy any of it).

Just north - Mogo Zoo, which rates very highly from what I've heard. It's private - not a government-run zoo - but the entry fees are reasonable.

Thanks Old Tony, I will look into those places.
Have you been through the Eurobedella national park up that way? Looks very nice in pictures!

We don't do a LOT of National Parks because they're not dog-friendly and when we're that far from home, we usually have a pooch with us. Don't know for how much longer - she's getting rather old now.

That's practically my back yard
Best bang for buck day trip 4x4 is into bendethera! Even throw in an overnight if you can!

Moruya trip

I live in here in Moruya, there is more to do here in the Eurobodalla shire and surrounds than time allows. When you are closer to arriving drop another message or send an email. Within an hours drive in any direction there are heaps to do and see for young and old.

South heads @moruya has shelly beach very sheltered good parking, good ameneties, proper toilets, showers and free BBQs.

If 4x4 is somthing you guys want to do, head up deua river road towards Araluen and turn in at Dry Creek Nice day spot ... cross the river and head up Merricumbeen firetrail, once a the top there is a trig station and excellent photo ops, from here you can go into Bendethera - again decent facilities if the vandals have not been through. This is a decent run up Merricumbeen fire trail, once on dampier road its a doddle. NO trailers, you will get stuck.
Other options are from moruya head out Nth heads road to the airport and continue to Broulee, there is a tidal creek right where tomikin starts (candalagen Creek) again good facilites safe kiddies swimming spot... keep on going up the coast to Batemans Bay, turn in to burrawarra point and gurilla bay nice walks good photo ops. Swimming at gurilla Bay unsure of facilities maybe toilets.
Keep exploring up to batemans bay, then durras.
If you head south out of Moruya, dont go to tuross ... its a shithole full of angry old ex politicians (when I lived there its nickname was gods waiting room).
Bodalla cheese factory may still be open, then turn in at Dalmeany and do the coast road round to Narooma .... go to the golf club for lunch ... not for the food which is OK but the view is magnificent.
Then as Tony says Central Tilba, then down the coast to Bermigui ...MUST get fish from the co-op take away ..... massive shark jaws inside. Superb fish and chips.

So Durras is about 45km north of Moruya and Bermi is about 80km south PLENTY to see and do.
I cant advise on local fishing but in moruya there is a tackle shop that is very helpful to tourists .... The local airport has joyrides that were cheap for a 30 min aerial tour.
Dont swim at the rocks on north heads, many large blue ringed occys there.

I live in here in Moruya, there is more to do here in the Eurobodalla shire and surrounds than time allows. When you are closer to arriving drop another message or send an email. Within an hours drive in any direction there are heaps to do and see for young and old.

Thanks heaps for that, and I will be sure to pop you an email when we are close😃

South heads @moruya has shelly beach very sheltered good parking, good ameneties, proper toilets, showers and free BBQs.

If 4x4 is somthing you guys want to do, head up deua river road towards Araluen and turn in at Dry Creek Nice day spot ... cross the river and head up Merricumbeen firetrail, once a the top there is a trig station and excellent photo ops, from here you can go into Bendethera - again decent facilities if the vandals have not been through. This is a decent run up Merricumbeen fire trail, once on dampier road its a doddle. NO trailers, you will get stuck.
Other options are from moruya head out Nth heads road to the airport and continue to Broulee, there is a tidal creek right where tomikin starts (candalagen Creek) again good facilites safe kiddies swimming spot... keep on going up the coast to Batemans Bay, turn in to burrawarra point and gurilla bay nice walks good photo ops. Swimming at gurilla Bay unsure of facilities maybe toilets.
Keep exploring up to batemans bay, then durras.
If you head south out of Moruya, dont go to tuross ... its a shithole full of angry old ex politicians (when I lived there its nickname was gods waiting room).
Bodalla cheese factory may still be open, then turn in at Dalmeany and do the coast road round to Narooma .... go to the golf club for lunch ... not for the food which is OK but the view is magnificent.
Then as Tony says Central Tilba, then down the coast to Bermigui ...MUST get fish from the co-op take away ..... massive shark jaws inside. Superb fish and chips.

So Durras is about 45km north of Moruya and Bermi is about 80km south PLENTY to see and do.
I cant advise on local fishing but in moruya there is a tackle shop that is very helpful to tourists .... The local airport has joyrides that were cheap for a 30 min aerial tour.
Dont swim at the rocks on north heads, many large blue ringed occys there.

Heaps of home work there for me to do. Need to start marking POI on the GPS I think!!

Latest posts

Back