Motorbikes in D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtdevil

Reaction score
Do many of you guys transport dirtbikes in the back of your D22? Im getting a crf450x on monday and would like to know what options there are of transporting in the tub of a 2012 D22 or if its even possible. What do people use for tieing down? I dont really want to install tie down points in the tub floor as I have a tub liner and want to keep as much dirt from getting under it as possible. I was thinking of taking out the factory hooks and replacing with rings. would that be good enough to secure my bike?

When I had my bike I use to put it on a 45 with the tailgate down. And used the rollbar to tie it down. And one of the hooks.

My dr200 fits in the tub with the front wheel on the wheel arch and tub liner removed, but my wr360 only fits with the tail gate down, so i bought a cheap trailer

No dramas tying down my CR500 and 450x using existing hooks/ tailgate down, if its one bike I put it in the centre.

Just put it straight with the tailgate down, will fit no probs that's what I do with my sxf250, I used the standard hooks no probs but replaced them with eye bolts from bunnings, M8 I think they are

My wr250 goes straight in tailgate down and I use the factory tie down points. Hasn't fallen off yet.LOL.

If your new to bikes another useful bit is a fork chock. Saves your fork seals and also lets you pull it down nice and tight with less preasure and keeps it rigid. On a longer trip or bumpy roads i'll also use the rear tie downs and strap the back wheel to stop it from bouncing.

ive put an eye bolt at the front in the middle of the floor, can get two bikes on easy as

My ramp is a bit shorter than that so it work perfectly, I found a milk crate used as a step to climb up as u push the bike up the ramp makes it SOOOOO much easier to load it (if you're doing it by yourself) don't need two people if you do it that way, also hook your tie downs on the tray and sit the bike end on the roof of the cab so you can get them easy when u get the bike up

Last edited:
Thanks mate for the tip. So you dont think there is much point wasting money on buying two ramps? one for me, one for bike? milk crate sounds sufficient enough I think.

Milk crate works a treat, wouldn't bother with the second ramp and save some money, milk crate doubles as a 20L Jerry can holder too, nice snug fit

You can also get a two stage ramp with a level section in the middle. I just use a similar one to the eBay one your looking at. I can load and unload mine on my own relatively easily. It is a little awkward but doable.

+1 for a normal folding ramp and a milk crate. Bike in straight with the tailgate down. Big tip for loading is to not push the bike. Start it up and walk along beside it using the clutch with a bit of throttle to pull the bike up into the tray. Makes it easy with a 190kg roadie and a piece of piss with a dirtbike.

Anyone use cargo netting stretched around behind the rear tyre to keep gear in the tray? I've seen them about but no idea where to get one.

Last edited:
i just have my bag in the back and don't tie it to anything, never moves, tie the ramp laying on its side to the bike frame with a small cam-buckle tie strap

Yeah I used to do the same but I lost some gear on the way home from Eastern Creek last trip so thought I might invest in a cargo barrier.

id just put anything valuable - like helmet, boots etc on the back seat. thinking I'll just occy strap the ramp to one of the tie points.

I leave the folding ramp directly under the bike with the bike in the middle. Hasn't moved yet. Gear bag goes on one side which ends up a pretty snug fit anyway. I had boxs made up that are mounted directly behind the rear tubs that go to the back of the tray. One of them holds my straps and fork chock so that once the bikes on you just open em up and everythings there and ready to go.

Ramp arrived, so I think Im all good with loading it. How about unloading?? any tips? How exactly do you do it? With milk crates for steps?

Latest posts

Back