Mounting a UHF radio

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrootStik

Reaction score
Hey guys
Got the 2014 D40 ST and don't really have any room in the dash or front to mount one.
Just wondering what everyone else has done to mount their radios.
Pictures would be great

I put mine behind the dash with a remote hand set, there are pics in my build thread.

Hang 5 while i find it for you and post a link.

here is a pic of the finished product, but somewhere i have pics of the full install.

But basically unclip the front panel that wraps around the stereo ect and you can mount the main unit behind there in the gap then run the hand piece out through the blank switch plate like i have done in the pic

I've got this. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409660694.316856.jpg

ok they have changed a bit, but you will still find a big enough void to put a split type system in behind that panel then you will just have to mount the hand piece on the side of the console next to the flip up door.??

if you type in UHF into the search bar top right while in this thread a big list will pop up and there are a few other ways people have gone about it, from under the seat to under the console ect
will just take a while to flick through the threads.

First off sit in the drivers seat and just get the hand piece and see where it is easy to reach but also out of the way, you could even just sit the handoiexe in either the arm rest console or the little plastic door console out of the way and easy to get to, but all depends on if you use thise two locations for storage etc

I mounted mine (the head unit) on the centre console next to the handbrake. The main unit is in the centre console storage compartment. Also mounted an extension speaker under the seat.

Dex

You may not want too drill into infront on the gear stick but its where i put mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 125

Latest posts

Back