Muffler only

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greesie

Reaction score
Hey guys
Had abit of a search around but couldnt find a thread that had what I wanna no.
I'm looking at changing the muffler over, and only the muffler for now anyway,
And was wondering has anyone done this? Like does it sound good/bad, make any difference to performance etc?

Thanks for the help!

Mike

what engine?

i did it on the ZD30 engine. big change in performance. looking at the stock muffler its not surprising as it has a very narrow neck at the start of the muffler.

Yeah mate it's a zd30,
Ah sweet did it make much difference in note too?

Cheers for reply

Haha just quickly aswell was it 2.75" or 3" and roughly how much did ya pay? Might go get a few quotes this arvo,

Cheers again

note- depends entirely on what, if any, muffler you fit. mine does, its not quite the muffler i wanted but i also had to keep it quiet for work reasons.

I don't no yet, just gonna get quotes may as well get quoted on both, will chuck em up.
Rekon it'd be too loud straight pipe? Maybe a hot dog or resonator or something?
It's only a fine if you have no cat isn't it? Like having no mufflers would only be yellow stickerable?

Tweake wont agree with me but I personally think the dump pipe is the most restrictive part.

Yeah I thought the dump pipe was, I'm chasing abit more noise aswell, so though the muffler will help with that and when I can afford I will do the dump pipe, also thought the muffler would be cheaper than doing a dump pipe

Hey Greesie.

Pm me your details, I promised you the dump pipe I have.

Decided to keep the one thats on the Nav.

The other one is brand new. Just needs a pyro plug welded in.

mines 2.5" to keep noise and cost down.

and yes i disagree with Dave :)
the muffler change is the best performance for the $$.

Latest posts

Back