Muster Event Organisation Area

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys!

If you can read this, you're either:

* An admin
* On the Muster Committee
* A Muster Event Coordinator

I had this place created because of the volume of private messages between myself, Sparra and Nathan relating to the Gymkhana event(s) at the 2013 muster. I thought it'd be a better idea to put everything in here - so we can all see it, comment, approve, discuss, argue etc.

Enjoy, guys!

Thanks Tony, i take it this would be the place to ask if we can get some conduit (around 20mm) donated to help with the Gymkhana??
If anyone knows a sparky or someone that works in a electric supply warehouse or shop and could throw us a few lengths please let me or Sparra know,
thanks in advance.
Nath.

This is purely for the people listed in the first post - general forum members can't see it. This place is where we can talk about how many people we need, what kind of things we need to scavenge to make it happen, before any of it gets announced to the forum.

But, Jason might know someone up that way.

Ok i thought you said there was someone on the committee that may be able to help, or know someone who may know someone who thinks someone my be able to help, lol
and as you said i didnt want to start a thread asking for stuff and let the cat out of the bag so to speak before any announcement.

ok lets get busy planning this gymkhana
ime exited
nathan
how many tracks do you think we will need
i was thinking 1 track with a start and finish garage,conduit and golfballs(i will supply long tongs)
we could make it 7/8 min,challenging without scaring people off,run in reverse at night is another option
what are your thoughts mate

we could run it fri arvo,sat morning and again sat arvo with results sat night??

My bad - it just seemed that your intended audience was "anyone on the forum". You're dead right - Luke might know someone too, and he's about an hour and a half from the venue.

nathan
how long do you think we need conduit considering we will need to attatch to star pickets to allow us to hammer into ground

how bout we say you have to run the course in both directions
if you choose to have a run at night you earn 4 points off your final score?

Guys - I've got a map of the tracks available at Janowen and I will send it round to you all shortly.

Nathan and Sparra - can you pm me your emails or post up here please. If I attach the map here it will compress and turn to crap

Sponsors Update:
- Tough Toys very keen and I'm hoping for 3 items we can use as prizes for this gymkhana thing (maxtraxks, compressor, recovery kit - something like that)
- Superior Engineering seem to want to give us a D40 upper control arm set and possibly a D22 UCA set as well to raffle off
- BCF are close to giving us 100 hats and 100 stickers (but they wanted add space on the forum, which we can say yes to)

There are 4 other sponsors that have replied to me for more info and that is spinning my head round a lot.... I'll leave this gymkhana thing to you guys, but I'm very happy you are helping us out.

Lj

WayneD4T offered to help us out as well - he's on the gold coast and about 1 hr from site too. I'll ask wayne for a hand for this

Guys - I've got a map of the tracks available at Janowen and I will send it round to you all shortly.

Nathan and Sparra - can you pm me your emails or post up here please. If I attach the map here it will compress and turn to crap

Sponsors Update:
- Tough Toys very keen and I'm hoping for 3 items we can use as prizes for this gymkhana thing (maxtraxks, compressor, recovery kit - something like that)
- Superior Engineering seem to want to give us a D40 upper control arm set and possibly a D22 UCA set as well to raffle off
- BCF are close to giving us 100 hats and 100 stickers (but they wanted add space on the forum, which we can say yes to)

There are 4 other sponsors that have replied to me for more info and that is spinning my head round a lot.... I'll leave this gymkhana thing to you guys, but I'm very happy you are helping us out.

Lj

thanks for your input mate
the maps of tracks will be great

silly question... have you approached ironman and tigerz11 for sponsorship?
they both have new stores just opened in newcastle
i know we obviously cant go flying the arb/tjm flag right beside tigerz11 with all the bs going on atm
have either arb/tjm shown any interest??

We have stuff from Tough Toys and BCF. Tony reckons we r in for some gear from ARB, and I have three more in with maybes still chatting to. I think we're almost overloaded :)

See how we go

BTW please go visit Tough Toys as they are now on this Forum!

nathan
how long do you think we need conduit considering we will need to attatch to star pickets to allow us to hammer into ground

how bout we say you have to run the course in both directions
if you choose to have a run at night you earn 4 points off your final score?

Hi mate i was thinking we could just use my cordless rotary hammer drill with a 400mm drill bit in it and plug holes straight into the ground to drop the conduit into, that way there is less chance of someone spiking a tyre if they stuff up.

So I think we will need the conduit to be roughly between 1700mm-2000mm
prob best we say bigger then smaller as it is easy to cut and only takes seconds with conduit cutters. (which i also have)

I was thinking maybe we could run a reversing challenge or even do the course by actually driving in reverse?? might be good for a laugh, what do you think?

I was also thinking instead of running the course twice, that we could do one course that would utilise a small section of one of the tracks on the property, depending on the terrain that is. Nothing to hard just nice and simple but something that may involve a few multi point turn sections and not to fast, just keep it to who ever gets closest to the "select time" or "mean time"
this one could be run at night or day depending on how hard the trail is.

once we get the maps it may help us to see if that is a possibility.

wow the maps are great
we should have no trouble making a good course
i have spoken to the minister for everything
and cleared up our arrival dates
we will be arriving monday arvo
busy tue (stanthorpe) and wed(brisbane) visiting rello's
so ime free from thursday onwards

Latest posts

Back