Muster Event Organisation Area

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For comments before I post into the Muster thread :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVgAWHarB8w

Note also I have created a new Navara Muster youtube channel!

Luke, before I put it up on the website, is all that footage from Janowen???

It's a great idea to include the sponsors in the vid, but if we receive more sponsorship, are you happy to edit the vid and add the new sponsors??? It looks like Westprint Maps are on board.

ALSO!!!! If u haven't already, disable comments.

Last edited:
Hi guys, thought I'd drop in and raise hell with all this organisation going on and throw a few spanners into the works.

These are just my thoughts, based on human nature and inexperience.

How long will the Gymkhana run for? For example, if it starts at 10am what time does it end??? I know it will depend on how rapidly people get around the course, but if the course is too long (in km's) or too difficult it may take long (in hours) for people to complete it. If Marshalls are req'd, to run it, you need to be sure you can get some.

Could be hard getting Marshalls if it's pissing down rain and is cold.

The less you have to depend on others, the greater chance you have of the event succeeding.

Is the entire course going to be viewable from a single location?? You'll get more non-competitive interest if people can sit and watch.

Are you thinking of running it at night??? I think you should create a course than can be viewed from a seat and run it on Saturday night or arvo, that could be a main event for the Muster.

ok my thoughts
i would suggest course would be 7 mins????
so we could feasibly put a car through every 10 mins?? if they are lined up and ready
i would imagine atleast 1/2 of course visible to spectators and limited marshalls

1 at start,1 at finish maybee 2 more scattered through course
if we said to entrants that course will be open from 2pm to 6 pm friday
and again early saturday(8am to 9.30ish) so they have 2 windows of opportunity to complete course and enough time sat to go sightseeing
we could also offer a chance to run course twice and pick lowest score
then on sat arvo/night we run an obstacle course thing with golfballs ect maybee 3 mins long?? visible too everyone,again subject to suitable area
add up the scores from track and course and award prizes??
we could adjust length of tracks and times when we get a better idea of how much interest we get in event
when will event be announced?
cheers

Yes, camping at the new grounds near the new toilet block. There are a few caravan sites there too.

Video - I will be doing an extra video on Janowen itself and the lookouts and tours and gymkhana, so new sponsors can go in that one. I am posting lots of comments on other Navara YouTube videos to hopefully get a few more hits on ours. I'll leave comments on for now and just delete the crap ones.

Gymkhana - we could run a session fri morning and a second sat morning. Leave the arvos for play time and tours ???

Maps - have you found where the two join up yet? Look near track 68 and Tank 3. And the pages T join each other.

Yes the blue Nav d22 was Scottie. Yes, a lot of those vids were from Janowen, scenic rim park and Ripley - all within 40 min of each other.

And yes, we don't want it to rain!

what has the comitee got planned for kids entertainment??
do we know how many kids are coming?
nathan
have you considered bringing the young fella??
our 2 boys seemed to get along at sot
you guys are more than welcome to roll your swags out in the awning,we will even wack the walls up if it rains and have a spare swag if u need it

Hi guys, thought I'd drop in and raise hell with all this organisation going on and throw a few spanners into the works.

These are just my thoughts, based on human nature and inexperience.

How long will the Gymkhana run for? For example, if it starts at 10am what time does it end??? I know it will depend on how rapidly people get around the course, but if the course is too long (in km's) or too difficult it may take long (in hours) for people to complete it. If Marshalls are req'd, to run it, you need to be sure you can get some.

Could be hard getting Marshalls if it's pissing down rain and is cold.

The less you have to depend on others, the greater chance you have of the event succeeding.

Is the entire course going to be viewable from a single location?? You'll get more non-competitive interest if people can sit and watch.

Are you thinking of running it at night??? I think you should create a course than can be viewed from a seat and run it on Saturday night or arvo, that could be a main event for the Muster.

ok my thoughts
i would suggest course would be 7 mins????
so we could feasibly put a car through every 10 mins?? if they are lined up and ready
i would imagine atleast 1/2 of course visible to spectators and limited marshalls

1 at start,1 at finish maybee 2 more scattered through course
if we said to entrants that course will be open from 2pm to 6 pm friday
and again early saturday(8am to 9.30ish) so they have 2 windows of opportunity to complete course and enough time sat to go sightseeing
we could also offer a chance to run course twice and pick lowest score
then on sat arvo/night we run an obstacle course thing with golfballs ect maybee 3 mins long?? visible too everyone,again subject to suitable area
add up the scores from track and course and award prizes??
we could adjust length of tracks and times when we get a better idea of how much interest we get in event
when will event be announced?
cheers

For me I think we keep it as a "FUNkhana" and have the events very easy and very short to keep it an option for everyone and every vehicle and so no one thinks it may be too hard or may damage the car and keep the emphasis on it been light hearted FUN for any level of driver.
If people want to do hard stuff they can outside of the event.
I think the FUNkhana should be taken as a little added extra for attendees so keeping it visible , short and easy will attract everyone to have a go and a laugh and the golf ball challenge is one of those light hearted events that we can set up almost anywhere, at the "son of trials" they have half of it in a small shallow dam and its one of the favourites and gets the passengers involved .

as for how long it will take to complete the "FUNkhana" well that will obviously depend on how many people attend the muster to even begin to be able to calculate how long the entire event will take.

How many people attended the first muster?

maybe we could double those figures for a bit of a guide?

Or when is the committee plaining on allowing people to pre-book?

From experience at the "SOT" they get almost 40% of entrants signing up on the actual first day of the event.
Does the committee intend on having a slightly inflated price for those who do decide to enter and pay on the day to encourage more people to enter early and online?

what has the comitee got planned for kids entertainment??
do we know how many kids are coming?
nathan
have you considered bringing the young fella??
our 2 boys seemed to get along at sot
you guys are more than welcome to roll your swags out in the awning,we will even wack the walls up if it rains and have a spare swag if u need it

Thanks mate i may take you up on that, i just have to convince Kirsten as she doesnt think he should have more time off school, he will already have a week off while we go to the snow and its pretty close to school holidays so at the moment she isnt keen on it.
Coen on the other hand really wants to come and he had a great time hanging out with Joel at SOT, so i will make the call a bit closer to the event.

With regards to Kids entertainment, it was discussed and decided that it's the parents responsibility.

I like the idea of the Funkahna, you guys sound like you've got it all in hand, great stuff!

+1 from Matt and for Funkhana style

Rego will start this week. We will need to keep luggin rego for the next few months :)

+1 from Matt and for Funkhana style

Rego will start this week. We will need to keep luggin rego for the next few months :)

As asked before will the committee offer a little sweetener for the "EARLY BIRD" REGO to help encourage people not to leave rego until the last minute??

even if it means that those people get in at the original pice, but after a certain date or on the day of the event it will be fractionally dearer??

Or the goody bags will be given out to all early rego's?? but may be restricted to any late comers due to not having enough ect,

The reason being as i said earlier it is a bit of an issue for the Nissan Patrol Club to try and estimate how many people they will end up with, even tho the event is held twice a year in the same spot and has been going for quite some time.

I know companies like Perisher Blue like to offer specials for early bookings and thought it may help get some good numbers straight away which intern will encourage more to come knowing that its going to be a strong showing :dontknow:

It will be 50 for early birds and 20 more for late comers, and that's on the rego form

Show bags we prob only have about 70 odd, so first in best dressed

It will be 50 for early birds and 20 more for late comers, and that's on the rego form

Show bags we prob only have about 70 odd, so first in best dressed

Thats sounds more then fair, great stuff.
well i will help bump the Rego thread as much as required,
You guys are all over it, cant wait for October.

stickers this year??
tony
any luck finding me a replacment ados sticker?
cheers and goodnight

Bloody hell, the Ados sticker ... well, we're going to have some difficulty with that.

Woody organised it and you'll notice the &%$*# hasn't been around much - there's a good reason, and if he shows again I'll probably ban his stupid ass. I'll talk to Gus.

I like the idea of "possibly no showbags for late registrations". People would understand that having the numbers allows us time to purchase and assemble the things.

I might be able to get one replacement axis sticker made, but I don't remember what it looked like :). And we are getting some new stickers made too!

Hi Guys,
I will look into the conduit requirement if not already sorted and in lue of star pickets would lenghts of reo be suitable if so I can certainly contribute there. Rolls of safety barrier tape are available and possibly rolls of orange safety barrier if needed.
How many lenghts of conduit would be needed?

Wayne 0418667674

I contacted the rep for Plascorp that my employer deals with regarding the electrical conduit & rolls of safety tape & rolls of orange plastic safety mesh. He was interested however he asked me to send and email to him [email protected] requesting items and details of club and usage.
Does the committee need to send the request with Muster info or will it be OK for me to send the request if we still need any of these items.

Wayne

the conduit and safety mesh is definitely still needed, I think Sparra said he has the safety Tape covered, But if you can get help with the other that would be Awesome.
Cheers Wayne,
Nath

i have collected 4 clipboards,2 rolls of safety tape so far
nathan the stuff you were planning on getting for signs would probably be better than me printing and laminating at home
with yours we could make what we need onsite?
can you still obtain said stuff?
cheers

Latest posts

Back