Muster Event Organisation Area

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Committee will turn up on Thursday too. Yeah I though the maps would be good. Plenty to do. I like that there are a couple of lookouts on the property as well. I haven't been up any of them yet, but there are some awesome lookouts within 20 minutes of the site too, and I have been to those.

I am doing up a promo vid like for the last Musters and I'll be including the lookout views and some vids of Navs having play time at Janowen on a previous trip when it was wet. Janowen is very ver y slippery when it rains, so no rain for the weekend please!

FYI- The Rocket 4wd comp is on at Janowen the weekend after the Muster (used to be the Opposite Lock Comp). Won't affect what we can do, but will mean they have the site and tracks in good working condition for the comp.

cheers!

The maps are very helpful, is there any particular track you would say would be good to use for one time trial style event?
do think there is there any chance that we could use the actual track through the dam and the easy track around it for the golf ball challenge?

Thanks Luke
Regards,
Nath

The quarry has three hill tracks out of it that range from easy to insane. Extra points there depending on which one u go up. But the quarry is out of sight from the other areas so keeping an eye on the competitors is not as easy, unless u follow beside them in ur ute??? There are some wombat holes that are fun enough for most to pass thru.

The last time I was there it rained and they closed the tracks on us. I can't say I know the area well enough to comment much more.... Other than stick to the blue and pinks and u should be in eye sight.

Copy that, I will be trying to get up there wednesday arvo or early thursday so i will have a chance to scope it all out with Ian.
At this stage i will be travelling solo as my wife and kids will not be coming with it being so close to school holidays my wife doesnt think she can afford my time off work and school, the good part it makes it easier for me to just throw out the swag anywhere i need to.

Last edited:
We're going to leave here Wednesday arvo, stopping overnight near Glen Innes and then finishing the drive on Thursday morning.

Ian, if you want stuff brought up, we can stow it in the caravan and just step over it on the Wed night - the little guy will be knackered and I guess we will be too, so it won't really be in our way - we'll be too bloody tired!

I was thinking of doing similar Tony, my sisters Farms are at Nullamanna which is not far from Tenterfield so staying there should break up the trip nicely and allow me to get there Thursday at the latest.

Hi gents I am looking forward to assisting in any way possible. If you require items picked up from arround the place let me know as I generally travell to Sunshine Coast & around Brisbane, Ipswich area regularly.
What have you got in mind re the gymkhana. How can I help.

Wayne

I was thinking of doing similar Tony, my sisters Farms are at Nullamanna which is not far from Tenterfield so staying there should break up the trip nicely and allow me to get there Thursday at the latest.

We're just spending the night in a rest area. We won't be stopping until very late that night and (I'm happy to post it here because this is NOT a public forum) we'll be stopping in the rest area at this location. From there to Janowen it should be about 3-4 hours - we'll start around 6:30 or so and should get to the site around 10.

Tenterfield is a little further on and we might make it that far, but I don't want to drive too much past 11pm (and I don't like driving past 10:30pm when the bloody roos decide it's pow-wow time on the lane markings).

A couple of things that we will need for the "Muster trials events" are

* hand held UHF's i have two but one for each marshal would be great.

* Stop watches, worse case we could use phones with a stop watch function like iphones have

* Conduit as mentioned before,

* golf balls, which i have covered.

* Bunting Tape, which Ian is collecting.

* Coreflute for small signs, eg START, MULTI POINT TURN, FINISH ect, im pretty confident i will be able to get some, but i will confirm over the weekend.

* star pickets to atach some of the suggested signs to, 6 to 12 would be great

* clip boards x 4 (minimum) for marshals, and a printed list (can be handwritten) of all who intend to enter with rego numbers, or each car can just be given a piece of paper and a number to stick on the window, 2 maybe needed for multiple drivers of the one car, this will help with scoring.

Anything i have forgot please add to the list

looks good mate, but i hope the rain doesnt see the vid and think it needs to join us like in it did in all those clips. lol

vid looks great
was that an early shot of scotts car?
i will aquire 4 clipboards
and i will make up some laminated signs
what about white shoe paint for windows to identify cars?
a cheap alternative to star pickets would be garden stakes
ile check out the cost at bunnings today

Last edited:
where on the map will we be camping
camp grounds or new camp grounds

Last edited:
vid looks great
was that an early shot of scotts car?
i will aquire 4 clipboards
and i will make up some laminated signs,arrows ect
nathan
what about white shoe paint for windows to identify cars?
a cheap alternative to star pickets would be garden stakes
ile check out the cost at bunnings today

Good thinking on the shoe paint and garden stakes mate they will work like a treat,
and if you can grab the clip boards and make up some arrows we will just about have all the bits and pieces we need.

Any thoughts on timing devices??

with all that sorted it will leave us chasing conduit from someone or somewhere a little closer in location to the event.

Last edited:
We'd camp at the "New Camp Grounds" I'd guess, keep the people close to the toilet/shower blocks and close to the entry - easier for arriving people to see and no need to post signage everywhere.. No kitchen on the map there so you miss out Sparra!

The vid has the dates as 18-20 Oct, we might need to pull that back to 17-20. The Monday (21st) isn't a public holiday so people are going to want to work - meaning Sunday is "go home day" like it was at Ados. That means Saturday is tour day and Friday is gymkhana day so people have to start arriving on Thursday.

This all depends on how long the gymkhana events run for and how long the drives go for. We might be able to do both on the same day - it'd be busy - but it'd also be exciting for the people, they have a great drive and come back for some 4WDing fun with a possible prize at the end - there's some appeal in that too. We need to discuss in more depth, especially once the gymkhana events are scoped out. Luke, how long does the 14 River drive take?

I wouldn't use anything adhesive on the car's windscreen (inside or out), but a large coloured sheet on the dash with the vehicle number in thick black texta?

With the entrants "number" i will be happy for people to do what ever they want but i do like the idea of the white shoe marker like they use at the street drags as it is easy to see and very easy to remove and wont harm the glass in any way, BUT as i said as long as we can clearly see a number its all good.

as for marshals I think it will depend on the layout of the course/ courses, If we end up finishing in the same spot as the start then we will only need one timer and if we can see the entire course from one position we would only need maybe three or four people to watch certain spots and maybe remind people that for eg it may be a multi point turn area ect

A couple of things that we will need for the "Muster trials events" are

* hand held UHF's i have two but one for each marshal would be great.

* Stop watches, worse case we could use phones with a stop watch function like iphones have

* Conduit as mentioned before,

* golf balls, which i have covered.

* Bunting Tape, which Ian is collecting.

* Coreflute for small signs, eg START, MULTI POINT TURN, FINISH ect, im pretty confident i will be able to get some, but i will confirm over the weekend.

* star pickets to atach some of the suggested signs to, 6 to 12 would be great

* clip boards x 4 (minimum) for marshals, and a printed list (can be handwritten) of all who intend to enter with rego numbers, or each car can just be given a piece of paper and a number to stick on the window, 2 maybe needed for multiple drivers of the one car, this will help with scoring.

Anything i have forgot please add to the list

Hi Guys,
I will look into the conduit requirement if not already sorted and in lue of star pickets would lenghts of reo be suitable if so I can certainly contribute there. Rolls of safety barrier tape are available and possibly rolls of orange safety barrier if needed.
How many lenghts of conduit would be needed?

Wayne 0418667674

Hi guys, thought I'd drop in and raise hell with all this organisation going on and throw a few spanners into the works.

These are just my thoughts, based on human nature and inexperience.

How long will the Gymkhana run for? For example, if it starts at 10am what time does it end??? I know it will depend on how rapidly people get around the course, but if the course is too long (in km's) or too difficult it may take long (in hours) for people to complete it. If Marshalls are req'd, to run it, you need to be sure you can get some.

Could be hard getting Marshalls if it's pissing down rain and is cold.

The less you have to depend on others, the greater chance you have of the event succeeding.

Is the entire course going to be viewable from a single location?? You'll get more non-competitive interest if people can sit and watch.

Are you thinking of running it at night??? I think you should create a course than can be viewed from a seat and run it on Saturday night or arvo, that could be a main event for the Muster.

Latest posts

Back