my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The things that would primarily affect towing capacity are the chassis rating, rear suspension load rating and braking capacity. As far as I knew, the chassis on the utes went almost to the rear of the tub, and the hitches bolt onto the chassis anyway.

There IS a significant torsional load on the ute, the distance from towball to axle on the Navara would be greater than that on the Patrol, so there might be something in that as well, but I wouldn't put it past the RTA etc to miss that point. They probably consider any mass behind the cabin to be "over the rear axle" and that's good enough.

In a way, it's kinda dangerous, but it's also kinda simple. I'm not saying that simple is dangerous, I wouldn't mock politicians like that.

I remember it being discussed on outer's and have seen it discussed on Patrol4x4 aswell.

But you make a good point though, didn't think of that.

So is the getting back on the road at all.

Dave.

Eventually. Obviously i want to do it right but at the moment i dont have the money or devotion to finish it the way i want. So for now it will just be trailered, few mates have started puting tracks through there properties so at least i got somewhere to take it.

The things that would primarily affect towing capacity are the chassis rating, rear suspension load rating and braking capacity. As far as I knew, the chassis on the utes went almost to the rear of the tub, and the hitches bolt onto the chassis anyway.

Thats the thing the patrol wagon/ute have the same brakes, chassis and suspension design (only difference would be coil progressivness for weights as the ute carries more but sits lighter with no load) as far as i know the tow bars are the same.

Not bad. yea ill put one on eventually. still gota fit the intercooler aswell.

Took it out again on the weekend. No pics but drove some good stuff with no issues. Loving the way this is handling in the hard stuff even without the hydro. As my confidence is increasing im using the hydro and lockers less...then going back and taking the harder lines. Had all 4 wheels spinning up on ledges and bouncing the rear up undercut rocks. So far very happy with it, flex might be over rated but its amazing how much easier it is to drive stuff when your wheels never leave the ground!.

Loving the way this is handling in the hard stuff even without the hydro. As my confidence is increasing im using the hydro and lockers less...then going back and taking the harder lines. Had all 4 wheels spinning up on ledges and bouncing the rear up undercut rocks. So far very happy with it, flex might be over rated but its amazing how much easier it is to drive stuff when your wheels never leave the ground!.

Normally I'd be all for just having fun and leaving the camera at home, however yours is a special case...

:happy_smile: VIDS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. :happy_smile:

Normally I'd be all for just having fun and leaving the camera at home, however yours is a special case...

:happy_smile: VIDS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. :happy_smile:

Busted. Your right, sorry im a senior member, i only web wheel. :happy_smile:

Hey Josh noticed before on toyotamonthly all the cheap shots you take at Boof about vehicles getting parted out.

Like your style.

Dave.

couldnt tell u many off the top of my head, but theres alot. thats why greenbank is the home of the webwheeler.
Nah i dont think so, he just collects half built projects

sooo you might have noticed ive done nothing to this in a while...thats because i havent. Fried an alternator, putting a new one in tomorrow then taking it out for the weekend. Hopefully put it on my flex ramp for the first time with the hydro.
If all goes to plan ill have a new daily driver and tow pig in the next week or 2. Might kick me back into gear on getting this TT worthy.

GU patrol. Hopefully a ute, possibly a wagon....which would then become a ute. Would love another D22 to tow it but capacity wise would be pushing it legally and i think itd be too much of a struggle, compared to how easily A.Js 4.2 tows this.

hey joshy, you had in a 90Amp patrol alternator in didn't you? Do you know how come it fried itself?

yeah, when i repostioned it so i could fit the hydro pump, i didnt take into account just how much the motor torques over with the reduction gears offroad under load, ended up being enough for the alternator to touch the inner guard and shorted itself out. Didnt charge after that

yeah, when i repostioned it so i could fit the hydro pump, i didnt take into account just how much the motor torques over with the reduction gears offroad under load, ended up being enough for the alternator to touch the inner guard and shorted itself out. Didnt charge after that

It's times like these you need Minties.

So another successful test run. But also just shows how far from finished this is.
A brake line fitting decided to split early on the sat morning, luckily was able to bung it up and continue on with just front brakes. Then today i bannanad the crap out of my tie rod...i saw this coming as it was only a factory tie rod, so i had a spare to put on. Other then that i need to run more offset rims as they stopped me from driving as far up the ramp as i should have been able. Rear tyre was jammed against the chassis and the front against the coilover, stopping the diffs from articulating any further. But All things considering pretty happy with it.

P9181000.jpg

P9181000.jpg

P9181007.jpg

P9181010.jpg

Back