my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah your right mate. And i copied the design from somewhere so its all good. I doubt the rear bar is going to be ready by wed...and if it is it isnt goin to look all that nice.

I sorted the chassis side of the mounts...just have to work out the best way to mount the bar to that...The LEDs i got wont fit in between the tubes of the bar...so gota get a different set...Hopefully the hub gets here tomorrow then i might have a chance of having a rough useable bar done and pretty it up when i get back.

P1180003.jpg

P1180002.jpg

Also fitted the steering dampner..had to modify where it mounts to the draglink because of the reinforcing. Made up two clamping plates and longer bolts and clamped it around it.

P1180001.jpg

And Changed the passenger C.V, now they are both "genuine" nissan ones...well see how they go. At least im getting pretty good at swapping them, only takes about 40mins now.

Im stumped on how to mount the rear bar to the angle coming off the chassis... Im just not sure whats the best for being able to take getting smacked on the ground and the leverage of two 40kg tyres hanging open...

P1190007.jpg

P1190008.jpg

P1190005.jpg

The bar is going to sit just a little higher then in those pics.. thats just how i could rest it without holding it, theres still a bit of clearance under the tail gate
P1190006.jpg

try welding a plate to the front of the angle, that way you can get a weld all the way around the angle and you can make the plate any size you like so it can be welded to both the top and bottom bars and you can also sit it any height you like.

Hey Joshy,
nice bar there, from purely a structual point of view, it would be much stronger if the angle, off the chassis, was through the gap between the tubes in the bar. As almost all the force will be pushing the bar upwards, you dont really want to be relying on a weld when you could easily design it so no weld was necessary. See attached pic

RearBar.jpg

Hope all goes well. Considering a bit of rectangular shape with some wings for my rear bar at the moment. Hopefully after the bodylift ;)

Thanks Tommy, looks like itd be pretty strong that way.

Ive given up on it till i get back from LCMP next week, aim was to have it finished by then but not goin to happen. 4wd custom action want to put the rear bar into the readers projects section or something...appearance number two. No where near enough navs in the mag.....and the Navtroll doesnt count it had a Gu/Gq (depending what page you read) chassis so in my opinion not the toughest nav out there:angry:

Eh thats my whinge.

mate i know exactly what you mean.. i was so tempted to get a shorty patrol project yesterday... but i held off. i want to do something different.

What an awesome read... You've inspired me to get back to loving my ute. I've been thinking about a quater panel chop for a while... it looks sweet.

Look forward to seeing the finished bar.

Geez the Navara's are not a well supported vehicle for after market care!

What an awesome read... You've inspired me to get back to loving my ute. I've been thinking about a quater panel chop for a while... it looks sweet.

Look forward to seeing the finished bar.

Geez the Navara's are not a well supported vehicle for after market care!

Cheers mate. They are well supported if you only want to be a tourer haha

Some pics from LCMP

DSC00440.jpg

DSC00441.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

Just read the whole thread, awesome work Josh, no-one can deny your commitment!

Keep it up.

Cheers mate.

Some vids from LCMP

Camp Rd

Jimmyo up camp Rd

Jims jump up

Gave up on this one

Cheers shonky. Had a fair bit of fun up there, shame i didnt get pics/vids of it all. there was a few good rocky bits.

Back