my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 transfer chains in 6months is what killed my patience. And the tracks im doing seem to be increasing with difficulty each time i go out, getting harder to keep up with the hiluxs let alone patrols. Its annoying watching guys pig rootin round bouncing up a steep shaley track with both lockers in and foot to the floor without breaking anything, when i broke the cv just off idle.

probably doesnt help im trying to keep up with hiluxs like this
PC120005.jpg

But it looks like the SAS is going to go ahead sooner then expected. I just bought myself a front diff:big_smile:

haha, you're a freak.

Make sure you take lots of pictures and keep us upto date with problems and prices!

haha i dont know if ill want to know the prices...but so far so good, front and rear gu diffs for $1400

Will definately deserve its own thread, agree lots of pics and commentary please joshy!

Cheers guys. Im hoping to do at least 90% of the build myself, preferably all of it so there will be plenty of pics. Patrol gear box and transfer case will also be going in.

stuff the leaf and that, go coil over shock's,
id like to do the same to mine in the front end, but it's either coil or coil over shocks id be going.

coils are so much more work. see what happens. still got time to think.

The latest busted CV

P3070254.jpg

P3070256.jpg

so whats going on, started sas yet? and are u going for coils in the rear? if you dont i bet you will down the track.

yeah, maybe i should apply for product testing.

Sas wont be starting till the weekend after the coffs long weekend trip on 4wda. should give me enough time to buy most of what i need. patrol intercooler on ebay atm im thinkin of buying. and there hasnt been as many 3.0 trol gearboxs floatin around as i thought there would be.

at the moment im keen to go linked coilovers all round...and im sure after tuff truck thatll be the way i want to go hahah

Should flex real good with the new suspension setup.

I know Boof knows his Hilux's but dont go leaf all round.

Have you ever seen anyone convert a coil vehicle back to leaf sprung. I haven't.

You have to much money Josh, but I am looking forward to seeing more on this truck.

Dave.

Should flex real good with the new suspension setup.

I know Boof knows his Hilux's but dont go leaf all round.

Have you ever seen anyone convert a coil vehicle back to leaf sprung. I haven't.

You have to much money Josh, but I am looking forward to seeing more on this truck.

Dave.

Im hoping it will flex good.:big_smile: bit of a waste if it doesnt.
Haha wondered if youd bring up boof. The only reason id choose to go leaf allround is so that i could do all the work and it wouldnt take as long..

Ah i wish i had too much money....apprentice wages are f*kn shit, i live week to week with no savings and if i wana go out with the boys i have to really watch wat i spend. I just figure theres no point spending another grand or so fixn the transfer chain when itll just happen again. This just seems to be the best solution haha....altho modding a trol transfer prob would have done..

You know my thoughts and I am pretty sure Boof does to on him. Ill leave it there.

How did AJ go with his busted rear quarter glass.

Dave.

Back