my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea i had thought it was a cv but 99% sure its not now...and its not the diff cos that was A1 last time we pulled it out for the locker....so next up the line is the chain... doesnt sound as bad as the last one did so i still have a little while. I dont understand how it could have gone again tho....im currently looking into alternatives....even if its just making a tensioner for the chain...should last till the chain snaps...most of the other options require a SAS.

sas you know you want to.

how busy was lcmp on oz weekend mate? my clutch doesnt get fixed till next tuesday...

i want to but my bank account says insufficient funds.

Ah it wasnt that busy, regulars said crowds were down a fair bit cos of the rain.

hows that rear bar goin mate?

Ah its stalled at the moment, im redesigning it. there was just to much unnessecary size to the other one. Get started on this one hopefuly tues, i start tafe welding courses as of monday and thursday. Doing a certificate in fabrication so ill be a qualified welder.

Just out of interest Josh, what are you using to record your vids?

I'm thinking of getting one of these Digital Hero Camera Home

Can be mounted on dash or walked around/set up.

Ah just a mixture of my olympus something $300 camera and my missus sony $300 camera nothin flash. Not real happy with the vid quality on my camera. A dash mount would be nice tho, altho itd be better for filming the guy infront of you.

The cameras look good, but nuthin the normal canon cant do. U want some good shots, make somebody walk ahead along the track a little ways. save the money

mixed up tafe starting day so i got to work on the rear bar

Back to the rear bar...Thinking about what Tuff IFS Lux said and my own thoughts on the look of the bar ive decided to kind of start again. Maximising departure angle and a much more simpler look.

Sorry bout the phone camera pics
Off with the top pieces
02022009001.jpg

The piece i will use
02022009.jpg

Ran out of grinding wheels so progress is halted for tonight...Plan at the moment is to checkerplate the top of the bar to help prevent twist from the tyre carrier..and thats about as far as ive gotten haha

thought about getting a second hand steel bar made by arb from the wreckers and modifying it to suit?

yea. But itd cost more, this will kinda look like those arb bars that sit at an angle following the tub bottow corner

Went for a night run to jenolan on sat night....Its deffinetly the transfer chain that is making the noise Im just going to leave it be until it breaks... theres no point putting another standard nav chain on it. Im going to try and find a busted GU transfer and have a play around with it and see if theres any way in reversing in so the output is on the passenger side.

Also one of my beadlocks seems to have an issue
15022009.jpg

Not sure why, none of the other wheels have lost the heads. Still holds air for a while, have to grab some new bolts from work.

Is that a scrape mark on the rim in the same area as the bolts Josh, I'm guessing you might have belted them on something and sheared the bolt heads off.

Thats what i thought when there was just 1 missing,. but after the last trip 4 more in the same area went

Ive decided im wasting my time trying to modify a patrol transfer to fit. So once i get the rego and insurance out of the way next month im going to start buying up the parts for the SAS. I just need to work out wat suspension set up will keep the COG lowest Coils or leaves. Ill cut all the IFS out myself to save some money and then probably take it to HiTech. Steering setup is not something im keen on doing myself

so its happening, SAS! go on and just do it, make me super jealous. i dont know if i could justify spending that much when i could buy another 4wd for the price of the swap that already has coils all round, but thats the price of being different i guess. would be unstopable than. Would be a million times smoother off road.

you could buy another 4wd but not another navara. Haha im hoping to have most of the parts ill need by june/july and finish goal is december...but who knows what will happen between now and then. Im leaning towards leaves at the moment as i think ill be able to do eveything then bar the steering.

broke one of the "genuine" custom cvs yesterday, drove the rest of the weekend in 2/3 wheel drive. Not happy. Solid axle swap is deffinately happening. I cant wait:angry: But ive decided im going to do it once and do it properly. So ill be putting exo cage etc on aswell.

Back