My D40 from New to Now. more to come

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics. The rear mount, does it have crush tubes through the chassis? or does thebracket go up the other side of the chassis aswell.

Thanks,
Cheers.

you can't see the stock breather with your eyes from underneath. you got to reach with your hands and find 3 hoses. it's easy to reach and find as there are only 3 hoses on top of gear box within 1cm apart each other. when i lying down on ground its' about 3/4 arm length up.

thanks mate, i have a set of breathers in the shed that i will install one of these days.

thanks mate, i have a set of breathers in the shed that i will install one of these days.

yeah i think its worth doing. stock gear/transfer case breathers are not that higher than stock rear breather. if rear diff breather is mustbe done so is gearbox and transfer case. i did the front diff as well but dont think its neccesary compare to other ones

More things done to the car.

Did DIY oil catch can.
Its now mounted fwd of air filter. and hoses been routed around airbox.

and this is how much oil/gunk was in the hoses when i removed it..
which would have gone to intake and intercooler.

Lastly, it's fitted with Redback extreme duty 3inch exhaust and Brown Davis Long Range fuel tank.
Will have to put car on to ramp or lift to take photo of exhuast and tanks.
I'm happy with 1200km between refills. got sick of doing refill every week doing 550km. i refill mine at 1/4 tank.

The Nav is looking great, must have a bit of go in it with the chip and exhaust.
Is that an ARB recovery block in the tow hitch?
I noticed my old blocks locking pin doesnt quite line up so the pin doesnt fit through the arb hitch and into the block, i thought it may be a tactic from ARB to make us buy there blocks??

The Nav is looking great, must have a bit of go in it with the chip and exhaust.
Is that an ARB recovery block in the tow hitch?
I noticed my old blocks locking pin doesnt quite line up so the pin doesnt fit through the arb hitch and into the block, i thought it may be a tactic from ARB to make us buy there blocks??

nathan, it's TJM one. my mate had issue with his bush ranger one.. didn't fit on this rear bar lol funny how they sell bush ranger and doesn't fit on their rearbar. anyway he had to buy one of them i think it was kaymar one.
anyhow i assume i had to buy one again but it fits perfectly.

hi, I bought my Nav back in Feb 2013, since then a lot has changed.

Here is photo when it was new.
came with scuff plate, bonnet protector, headlight protector, towbar, soft tonneau cover and tub liner.

20130301_134517_zps9bc2f059.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130301_134530_zps03217999.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

First mod DIY i did to the car was Diff breather.

20130517_171846_zpsaf12c101.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1_20130517_172022_zps20b61a81.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mate I have noticed that you have 2 breathers in the engine bay. Did you have to do the front as well?

Mate I have noticed that you have 2 breathers in the engine bay. Did you have to do the front as well?

hey you can buy the kit. i did five breathers.
1. rear diff
2. front diff
3. gearbox
4. transfer case
5. transfer case electronic box

rear diff is must have but rest is good to have kinda thing. front diff breather is located behind air filter box. and 3.4.5 are located top of gearbox

hey you can buy the kit. i did five breathers.
1. rear diff
2. front diff
3. gearbox
4. transfer case
5. transfer case electronic box

rear diff is must have but rest is good to have kinda thing. front diff breather is located behind air filter box. and 3.4.5 are located top of gearbox

Mate I traced out the ones from the gearbox today and couldn't find out where the ends are. I traced them up behind the turbo but lost trace there. Can you tell me where they end up?

Mate I traced out the ones from the gearbox today and couldn't find out where the ends are. I traced them up behind the turbo but lost trace there. Can you tell me where they end up?

Ofcause. Its ends at top of your gearbox. To access the end of the factory breather. You need to go under your car from driver side. And stick your arm up about 3/4 high. You wont be able to see them from underneath or from under the bonnet. You have to find them either by feel or using mirror or boroscope. I did it by feel just stick you hand on top of front part of gearbox you shall fine 3 wise tube waiting for you. .

Back