My D40 from New to Now. more to come

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J13NST

Reaction score
hi, I bought my Nav back in Feb 2013, since then a lot has changed.

Here is photo when it was new.
came with scuff plate, bonnet protector, headlight protector, towbar, soft tonneau cover and tub liner.

20130301_134517_zps9bc2f059.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130301_134530_zps03217999.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

First mod DIY i did to the car was Diff breather.

20130517_171846_zpsaf12c101.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1_20130517_172022_zps20b61a81.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Went ahead got Canopy done to the car and several badge/decal around the car.

Soon after, got ARB deluxe bullbar, UVP snorkel and Winch done to the car at same time.
Boy i wish i had got suspension done same time. i lost 36mm afterward.

Last edited:
Lastly installed Narva 225 Ultima HID 55W both spread lights at the front. don't think i need to see 1.2km away from my car. i'm happy with 800m visibility.

Last edited:
Here are the pictures for interior.
Sorry for being ricer, but i like it. if you need info on any of the stuff i got it from please PM.

Did the custom rocker switches for Fog light and Hid spotties. it's Amber led back lit to keep genuine look inside
1_20130621_182020_zps5381cc19.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nissan Badge on rubber mat.
1_20130621_182109_zpsc0a75e82.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Always found new d40 ST's emptiness on side view. unlike old ones with indicator lights.
so i added turbo diesel badge.
1_20130621_182132_zpsd9ae7c8e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

changed gear knob Momo.
and added 370Z shift pattern next to it. so many people found trouble finding where reverse is.
1_20130621_182144_zpsc2ca53a9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and one of my favorite.
Custom Seat cover.
it's cover but fits perfect and it's airbag compatible.

and here is photo of the car how low it sits. lucky i'm getting OME lift done 2weeks time.
i should gain 35mm (from what i lost after installing bullbar and winch) + 20-30mm from suspension.

Last edited:
looks great , time to loose the side ploughs and get a lift

yea getting lift done first week of july. went Turon park on weekend. lucky i had UVP. i scraped for 10km of driving. lucky escaped with minor damage on sway bar bracket just ding on it. and heaps scratch on plate. but its plate dont' really care.

Looking good mate.

I had to modify my ARB bash plates on the 2012, where the front plate joins to the bullbar plate that pissy little bracket they use for the spain built models doesnt cope with even a small bump.
When i was on Fraser i bump it and it bent up and the plate itself ended up tucked up under the radiator.
I fixed it by welding some 8mm flat bar to the main bashplate crossmember that that pissy bracket bolts to, by doing this i was able to get four bolts in as apposed to two and closed up the gap between the two bash plates, now the radiator plate CAN NOT bend up unless i snap the mounts off the bullbar itself.
I hope that made sense, i can get some pics if you need them.

Edit: i just saw your seat covers, they look the goods mate. Where are they from and whats the price like if you dont mind me asking??

Last edited:
Looking good mate.

I had to modify my ARB bash plates on the 2012, where the front plate joins to the bullbar plate that pissy little bracket they use for the spain built models doesnt cope with even a small bump.
When i was on Fraser i bump it and it bent up and the plate itself ended up tucked up under the radiator.
I fixed it by welding some 8mm flat bar to the main bashplate crossmember that that pissy bracket bolts to, by doing this i was able to get four bolts in as apposed to two and closed up the gap between the two bash plates, now the radiator plate CAN NOT bend up unless i snap the mounts off the bullbar itself.
I hope that made sense, i can get some pics if you need them.

Edit: i just saw your seat covers, they look the goods mate. Where are they from and whats the price like if you dont mind me asking??

hey pics would be great. do understand what you meant but pics explain thousand words. i got for 170pair. its fabric in the middle and synthetic leather on sides. its from allcarstuff.com.au. its custom made to order. you can choose the letters as well. colors for leather fabric and threads

so this is the picture of my sway bar bracket getting dinged.
Did tryed to bring it back out abit but no luck.. makes me wonder how it get dinged in from first place. didnt' think i hit anything hard.

The yellow things are Tetyl 506 spray. I put them on straight way so it doesn't rust till i get chance to repaint it.

20130616_220111_1954_zps310c6cf4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is how it meant to look alike.

20130616_220111_19084_zps8ca648df.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is how it look after resprayed.

20130622_160338_zpsfd9e1cee.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nissan must have changed the bracket compared to older version of D40's.
because they don't have brackets. guess they exteneded sway bar bit further out.

i think its easy area to get dinged.. nothing is protecting it. dont think its worth babging it out. bet it will get dinged again soon as i fix it

I dont care about the sway bar mounts on mine because i dont run a sway bar, heaps better with out it.

Definitely better off road no doubt and IMO bugger all difference on road and that is with running both of my sets of tyres, wether it be my MT or Standard road tyres the ute came with, in other words the benefits for off road well out way the ever so SLIGHT loss on road.

Only with the 550 stx mate due to it running bigger brakes then the 4cyl ST.
I run an old set of of 16" D40 rims for my muddies and back to 17" stockers for general driving, work ect

Ok since previous. done few more stuff on to the car.
First OME lift kit. it ride so much better.. i actually liked stock suspension and only reason i decided to get OME was to gain lift back that i have lost due to winch and bullbar.
But wow.. it's whole different car. no wonder why people get aftermarket suspension.

20130706_120523_zpsc177cb52.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130706_120546_zps29038fc2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Latest posts

Back