My photography

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i still haven't taken one photo that i love and want to frame yet, it is a difficult thing to do. I am getting closer but.

That would have to be a goal of mine krafty is to get some photo's published, nice work mate. Is there somewhere I could see some of your work?

I wouldn't exactly call it published, it was self promotion for the power stations. Anyone who's worked in power industry in Victoria would have seen them but it was back in the early 90's and before so its not like there is too many copies still floating around. The old man has the Hazelwood shot framed in his workshop and may have kept some of the mags but I know he was never too nostalgic about it.

I've got a few album covers (mostly garage bands) floating around but they were a mix of graphic design and photography and there is a booklet for a youth group from the early 90's which had some of my band shots in it. Most of my work has been graphic design and image manipulation and dad's been the photographer but I can hold my own when I need too and we've worked together for years.

My uncle is really the only "published" photographer in the family, he works for Golf Digest and a few other golf mags as a freelance photographer and dabbles a bit in other sports including F1 and Tennis

some new ones from a trip to caloundra, which on a lighter note has to be one of the worst holidays i have taken in a while. These photo's were the best thing about it, and they aren't even that great but meh

caloundra060a.jpg

caloundra289a.jpg

caloundra224.jpg

caloundra221.jpg

Last edited:
With the chick in the first one i'd have enjoyed a trip to Mt Druitt!

Nice shots again mate, what lens are you using for the macro ones?

loving ur work, think'n of going to wello point to get the moon rise at 6 pm 2mro.. full was today to should be good

With the chick in the first one i'd have enjoyed a trip to Mt Druitt!

Nice shots again mate, what lens are you using for the macro ones?

Haha don't get me wrong that part i enjoyed it was just there is nothing to do up there and everythings closed, and i'm only using my kit 55-250 for those shots. Still saving up for my macro.

loving ur work, think'n of going to wello point to get the moon rise at 6 pm 2mro.. full was today to should be good

If i wasn't at work I would come along for sure, make sure you get some nice ones for me.

What he said.

hahahaha

Last edited:
here are a few more, we had a fire in the back yard tonight so i decided to play around which i found out to be really hard to capture a good shot

512j.jpg

551g.jpg

028hr.jpg

plus a couple more

this sneaky little bugger was hiding where my silvia is and i was standing probably 500mm away from him when i snapped this shot. Hence why he is looking a bit pissed
img2054wy.jpg

img1790d.jpg

Kingswood looks in pretty good shape, we used to have a green one of the same vintage, went well until we blew the 186, the 202 heart transplant never really took and in the end it had to go.

they are a pretty cool cruiser, his has the 1jz transplant so it has some balls to go with it. Plus its been his car for the last 4-5 years so he's had some time to work on it

Old mate of mine used to run a Valet service, you give him your car and he'd drop you off at the pub, pick you up then take you home. The car he used to use to pick him or his staff up after the drop off at home was a HK wagon with a blown 454, used to get some great looks from the drunks and party goers.

Excellent photo's Josh, if you have only been taking photo's for 8 months and are self taught I think you have found your calling. have a look at www.redbubble.com (I think), it's a forum where you can exhibit your pics and people can buy them.. Good Work..

cheers rich I have never heard of that site, I will take a look.

thanks for the comments guys

Hey Josh .. great photo's mate ... and your making me nostalgic for Brisbane (my home turf from 11 years ago)

Hume Hwy and keep going north, want a hand packing? :sarcastic:

Oh yeah I was supposed to be working not annoying Woody.

Josh Genius shots there bud.!!
The ol wagz and that woman have one thing in common... Neither could take a shit photo.
Ive Just bought myself a 600D and starting to play around with the settings.
are you usingf any other lenses than the kit ones??

Josh Genius shots there bud.!!
The ol wagz and that woman have one thing in common... Neither could take a shit photo.
Ive Just bought myself a 600D and starting to play around with the settings.
are you usingf any other lenses than the kit ones??

Haha cheers mate! I have got an 11-18 tamron wide angle and the 50mm f1.8 canon also. I would say buy the 50mm as it's only $100 and is an awesome lens for the money. Although if you have the money I would buy the 1.4 50mm its about 400 and is an awesome lens.
I bought the 1.8 for the fact it is cheap but now I want the 1.4!

It all come down to what you want to shoot and how you want to shoot it?

The best way I came to learn was I went out with my camera set it on manual and just played with it. Each one of these photos has from 5 to 20 shots that were taken to get 1 good one. Just get out and have fun

Latest posts

Back