My Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lift kit fitted, aux fuel tank is in the back (Pain in the a$$ that was), getting tyres fitted today hopefully and my new canopy.

post pics up tonight if i get time.

Last edited:
Nice ute mate, I like the idea of using the vy gauge pod, im tempted to have a go at doing the same with my d22 if it will work.

Bart

Cheers guys. All you need to do is ask and have a crack nothing wrong with showing initiative haha.
imag0972b.jpg

imag0174xm.jpg

So here's the lift dobinson all round 250kg rear leafs (835mm) and 50-100kg front springs (760mm) so once the canopy, fridge and roof tent is fitted it'll level out to within 20mm.

imag0974w.jpg

Long ranger 70lt tank is now fitted. This is a gravity feed tank so no burning out pumps and electrical routing necessary.

imag0976.jpg

Gauges are in and wired but need to fix up some imperfections haha. Have dual batteries voltage and will get amperage draw in tomorrow, Other is a EGT and boost gauge with temp after the cooler going to be fitted.

Still didn't have tyres in but been guaranteed Tuesday and window tint done first thing tomorrow morning.

Is that for the gauge pod? I meant to say gauge pod, like is it screwed into the dash or what? I know it will be much different if i go down this route for my d22, but just interested to see how you went about securing the gauge pod.

Bart

oh sorry, yer in the middle of the D40 dash there's a piece of trim that is recessed to hold coins, cards small items. That is fitted with about 4 finger clips so to remove you just pry it up and it comes out.as you can see about the radio.

d40navaradualcabinterior001-1066x800-thumb.jpg

Cheers guys. All you need to do is ask and have a crack nothing wrong with showing initiative haha.

So here's the lift dobinson all round 250kg rear leafs (835mm) and 50-100kg front springs (760mm) so once the canopy, fridge and roof tent is fitted it'll level out to within 20mm.

Long ranger 70lt tank is now fitted. This is a gravity feed tank so no burning out pumps and electrical routing necessary.

Gauges are in and wired but need to fix up some imperfections haha. Have dual batteries voltage and will get amperage draw in tomorrow, Other is a EGT and boost gauge with temp after the cooler going to be fitted.

Still didn't have tyres in but been guaranteed Tuesday and window tint done first thing tomorrow morning.

What gauges are they? They look awesome

they're "Autron" gauges mate. They are alittle pricey but these 2 gauges can show up to 6 values ie boost, EGT intake temp, Battery voltage/amperage per battery and amperage draw for winch or fridge ect.

Last edited:
Tyres fitted, drives so much better with a full tank too. Window tint done 15% love it. That's it till early October when I get home might even shoot off to Fraser for a couple of days if i get a chance but so glad that its starting to actually look like a 4x4 cant wait to have it all done and start using it!!

201209111657271.jpg

Last edited:
So drove from brisbane to moranbah yesterday averaged 8.46ltr/100km @130ltrs with the bigger tyres and more weight ranged 1100km just as the light came on, Very happy with that. Sat on 110km/hr @2200/2300 the whole way. Much better ride and quicker acceleration getting around road trains with out dropping back a gear, with a more efficent intercooler and chip im hoping to see somewhere around 1200-1300 on a single tank.

201209121215001.jpg

cheers dave its getting there haha, Just bought tigers11 extra recovery kit, sand recovery anchor and 40" high lift jack. Getting prices for permanent roof racks and roof tray, any thoughts on the ARB Touring roof tray?

PwEBK.jpg

Canopy is now fitted finally with internal support for the ARB sahara roof tent.

Missus also bought me a new UHF with controls on the hand piece which sits nicely with the roof console.

So I've managed to get the Roof tent fitted and mounted, Sits alot more even on the rear with the added weight. Spoke to SAX about their rear springs i cant really see $1500 for what you get....

Finished off getting the Pyro thread welded into the exhaust and mounted the UHF in the roof console.

That's about all ill be able to do until i get back from USA with diff lockers and LED bars haha

Nice looking Ute mate ;-). Well done.
Have you got any photos of your roof mount center console?

Latest posts

Back