National Navara Muster. Date confirmed.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the weekend I ciome back from my next deployment to South Africa, better get the Thursday flight....

2 of us subject to management approval

Ill head up solo.

Ill probably head up the same time as Tony.

Im thinking about heading up there too Dave if my other plans for that weekend fall through, prob just myself and the fiance. Was there a pre-booking cut off date for this???

Blacknav - there will be early bird sales going on in the next fortnight or so. Reckon you can book up to week of if need be but would help committee if you can book early as possible.

Blacknav - there will be early bird sales going on in the next fortnight or so. Reckon you can book up to week of if need be but would help committee if you can book early as possible.

Thanks for that will keep it in mind and let you guys know as soon as i can.

Andrew

Thanks for the replys coming through guys. It is giving us (the committee) a really good idea as to numbers for the Muster.

Just as a reminder, please when you are RSVP'ing your intentions to come, let us know how many adults and kids coming. Another thing to help us is to let us know which state your from - or major town if your not close to the state capital city.

The information will be very helpful to us when we are talking to sponsors, so we can 'talk' it up with them as to how interested people are with this inuagural Navara Muster.

Please keep your response's coming through, i'm updating my spreadsheet daily as people let us know they are really interested in coming.

Andrew it will be Id say, Me, Tony and his wife, Craig and his son if I remember correctly, Brad and his family and a few others.

Your welcome to head up with us and whoever else wants to come up.

Last time we went through Greta, that Shell servo that sells the discounted diesel was closed for renovations. Don't count on it for getting fuel.

You can make it from Newcastle to Gilgandra on a tank, even towing a van like ours. I'd imagine the best place to get fuel would be the Caltex at East Maitland, or the Shell at Hexham (not so good for people coming up the freeway).

There's no fuel that I know of in Sandy Hollow. Denman has a Shell but you have to turn left after you go over the bridge, instead of following the highway to the right - at least it's set up for big rigs, but I don't know if it's 24hr. Merriwa has a fuel station - probably supplied by Mobil, and not open at night.

Cassilis is off the highway and I'm not sure if they have any fuel (or if it's open at night). Dunedoo is also a little small but has a BP that you can easily fill up at with a caravan on the back, but I don't remember it being open last time we went through at night.

So, we'll be fuelling up before we leave and will top up the tank in Gilgandra - we used 75 litres from Newcastle to Gilgandra last time, stopping overnight at Cassilis Park rest area.

Just an important note about the Shell at Gilgandra - both of my satellite navigation tools listed the Shell servo about 300 metres south of where it is. You actually have to go around the bend to find it. I asked the people there - the servo has been there for decades, so I assume the Sensis data for the servo's location is bodged.

Tony instead of turning off at Whittingham people can always travel through Singleton and head down John St and head to the Golden Highway that way.

Good fuel there to.

G,day Gents,

My family and I will be in attendance, 2 x adults 2 x children 8 &10 year olds.

Also, i have a couple of friends who would be interested to, is that possible?

I think the Muster location is about 600 clicks from our home in Coffs Harbour.

Regards,

RLI

so I assume the Sensis data for the servo's location is bodged.

It is the stitching of the vector data(roads, rail, rivers, etc) to the raster image that is done very poorly. Basically, they only specify very few point for the rubber sheeting. Plus the aerial images are distorted at the edges anyway.

As to coming from the north and heading to the Golden Highway, what Dave said is corect. As you come over the Hunter, curve off to the left on the ramp(slow down) into queen St, turn left and head back under the bridge into John St which is the main drag and just continue on.

Eventually there is an overbridge over the railway line and you head off south- west. It is also the way to Sydney via the Putty Road.

As the road turns west, the Golden Highway comes in one the left after X(?)kms. soon after you cross under a train line at Mount Thorley and turn right along the Golden Highway. The Putty road route contines straight on.

If you want to pick up fuel in Singleton, continue straight after crossing the Hunter with a choice of two(?) soon after. I think both are a turn across the northward bound traffic.

The third fuel outlet is along John St near Woolworths. heading Sw along John St it is after the roundabout where the old Hunter crossing comes in and is the first turn to the right(traffic lights) and takes you into Ryan Ave(riverside drive). It is actually on the left at the start of the Woolworths car parking. Not sure how long vehicle/trailer friendly it is. I only remember going there in the LWB van during daylight.

G,day Gents,
Also, I have a couple of friends who would be interested to, is that possible?

AFAIK, Yes. This is the first one and they want numbers. I'm fairly sure it is hidden in the thread somewhere.

Apart from the bring everything suggestion, the only gotcha to be aware of is that if you want to do the 4WD tracks, you have to have/do some accreditation prior or at the Muster.

AFAIK, Yes. This is the first one and they want numbers. I'm fairly sure it is hidden in the thread somewhere.

Apart from the bring everything suggestion, the only gotcha to be aware of is that if you want to do the 4WD tracks, you have to have/do some accreditation prior or at the Muster.

That 'gotcha' has been removed by negotiation with the park owners. All you need is a normal car drivers' license.

As for the Golden highway, I don't go up to Range Rd at Whittingham, I take the first signposted exit west of Belford as per this map. The rest area on that corner is noisy and the toilets stink worse than finding out your girl-on-the-side has syphilis - but these toilets seem to be the way they're all moving toward. Glad we have our own.

There is a Shell and a BP (24 hour) northbound on the New England Highway, the Shell again is not as easy to maneuver through with a large van. There are two servos along John St, one on each side of the road as you leave the shops, I think the Caltex (on the right as you head west) would be my choice as the other servo is a United - haven't used their fuel yet, and not quite ready to risk the Navara on it especially while towing. For people coming from the north down this way, this would be the last fuel stop needed before Gilgandra.

G,day Terryc,

Thank's for the heads up re- accreditation. I am a member of the Coffs Harbour 4x4 club and we have a strick policy on accreditation. Before you are allowed to particapate on any of our drives, first you must pass our 4x4 driver training and recovery course in your own vehicle.

Regards,

RLI

Terry did you come from Singleton originally ?

You know the area very well.

As Tony said the only service station you missed was the United.

There is also a truck stop just after you go through the "Hole in the wall (As the truckies call it)" just past Singleton Heights and you can easily get a caravan in there and turn around.

G,day Terryc,

Thank's for the heads up re- accreditation. I am a member of the Coffs Harbour 4x4 club and we have a strick policy on accreditation. Before you are allowed to particapate on any of our drives, first you must pass our 4x4 driver training and recovery course in your own vehicle.

Regards,

RLI

Like I said, don't worry about the accreditation, we negotiated that part out of the requirements. The only requirement now is a drivers' license.

Keen as!Blu Roo Mrs Roo Would like to attend The Muster.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back