National Navara Muster?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the weekend of Saturday Oct 1, Sunday Oct 2 is free for everyone

It is in the middle of our 8 year olds school holidays and my better half is a school bus driver so time off is easy for her then. It doesn't clash with anything else we've got planned either.

Dubbo or Broken Hill or Mildura doesn't worry me but dates are restrictive for us we can't go if it's not school holidays or at least a long weekend where we are.

If you don't mind a relative newbie to the forum, his other half and their rugrat tagging along and the dates suit then we'd love to attend :cheers!:

Not a bad idea on the school holidays whenever they are.

Oh how I missschool holidays.

12 weeks a year off.

Newbies, oldies, fourbys, twobys, as long as you're not arriving on the day using Wellington boots for the OTHER reason I don't think anyone would mind.

Gus! Gus! A date and a venue must be chosen!

I agree that school holidays are probably best, so I think aiming at one of those weekends is best.

Location is the next thing to discuss. Narromine (not far from Dubbo, about 30km) hire their showground out, and I can enquire about that if you want. Toilets and water are on site, so you'd only need to bring beds & cooking gear. Only thing about the showground is it's not too far from residential housing. Also, antics would have to be scrapped - there's no point shooting ourselves in the foot by wanting to use the venue for years to come and doing donuts on the cricket pitch while we're drunk as skunks the first time we go there.

The camp site just out of Dubbo is not really as suitable as I'd like, because it has no facilities and may be too limited in size, depending on how many people want to show up.

We could approach the Dubbo 4WD Club and ask them - they're a friendly bunch - maybe they have access to a farm or something that we could use.

I'm happy to do more legwork if desired.

me and another mate with a nav are headed down through dubbo/broken-hill way in late june (25-27th ish) so we could most likely hook in for a meet-up depending on the dates and if it fits our timetable.

has anyone ever thought about doing something at the ute muster? I know i love my ute muster. but I must say, how good would it look all these navaras in the one aisle, or how many aisles/spots we can fill, and have 2 big huge navara flags of some type between them. that would be ace. we are of course deemed a utility :D plus u can smash a world record, and take in all the muster has 2 offer, and its kind of centralised, maybe no so much for western australia... just an idea. :D

I'd head to Dubbo....

+1 scottyb - Will come a point when we need a solid date and location chosen. Not everyone will be kept happy, but that just happens with these things. Thanks to Tony et al for starting this moving along and I'd be happy to help where I can (down at the event when it starts etc).

Hope heaps of people make the effort to come along

Lj

Would like to propose Ados at Tooraweenah as a good candidate for the Muster:

Welcome | Ados 4WD

This is about 1 hr north of Dubbo, so it is a little further away for the southern half. Advantages of this site to me is:

- its private - we can get in 30 cars and have the place to ourselves (guestimate on numbers)
- suitable access for campers, caravans, rooftops etc
- power for some cooking and hot showers / toilets / drinking water
- great views of the Warrumbungles
- 60km of trails for 4wd'ing and from DUbbo club review, differnt levels of fun
- reasonable price ($20 per car for 4wd and $5 per adult 0 under 16s free)
- several State forests and Nat parks on the way down into Dubbo
- Coonanbaraban / Observatory to the north
- pub in Tooraweenah for supplies
- couple of wineries in the area as well I think....

Gave the owner Peter a call today to ask some general questions. Seemed like a good / accomodating type of bloke. I do know that Dubbo 4wd club and a Brisbane Mitsubishi club have stayed there recently. With the memebers who have indicated interest so far, this place would be all ours as they don't double book when there are events like this.

I'm waiting to hear back from Council about showground prices. Word from several other people seem to think they a more amenable to opening showgrounds when there is a event on. Which to me translates to $$$$$ to hire the show grounds.

Seems like the Nat parks are also blocked off for camping + 4wds.

have been looking for other sites like Ados but not having much luck in the Dubbo area. If the point of the Muster is to meet up with fellow 4wd'ers, have a drive up some tracks, chat and relax, this aint bad....

Last edited:
Also, antics would have to be scrapped - there's no point shooting ourselves in the foot by wanting to use the venue for years to come and doing donuts on the cricket pitch while we're drunk as skunks the first time we go there.

Geezus Tony. Is that what you normally get up to?
Here I was thinking you were the well heeled statesman of all this rabble.
Would love to see that with the van attached, missus in curlers and making a pot of tea on the back! :sarcastic:

I'll shut up soon......

Dubbo Council got back to me re showgrounds in town:

- camping and caravans allowed - $15/night/site
- power / water / dump point / showers
- 2km from CBD
- single gate access, but gate is always left open
- Trotts meeting on the weekend of the 1-2 Oct, but she said was usually a rather small event
- could accomodate larger numbers
- Dubbo car show / rally on the weekend 22nd Oct

anyways, enough form me for a while. cheers

Lj

I like the look of Ados. Shame about the no-pets rule, and the 20-vehicle limit. You should fix the "45" for the cost to "$5" (slippery shift key haha?).

I wonder if we can negotiate with them about the pets? I'd rather prefer to take our little Bichon along with us. She stays in the van most of the time anyway, but I can see an issue with "make one exception, make 'em all".

Not sure about pets, but I am happy to keep asking Peter questions. Yes it is $5 not 45. will fix.

Vehicle limit is very negotiable and more than 20 shouldn't be a prob. More than 50 could be tho. When I asked about that Phe said it was more of a limit on random weekends as a few years ago it was rather dusty from 5 yrs drought. Shouldn't have that problem now.

Sorry about being off the air. Was overseas and got bitten by a white tailed spider on my return.

I vote for:

1. locking in the dates of 1 and 2 Oct
  2. Securing Ados as the venue. There are several advantages of using a private premise including the fact that they are insured!
Its a fair old drive there and back but I am keen. Would bring the boss and tin lids too.

Gus

Pets is a awkward one, I know we dont go anywhere these days if the little girl cant come, Thats purely our choice

FWIW,
Dates in the school holidays suit us fine as well.
Ados sounds great. The tracks sound interesting as we are not really interested in stunts and grunts.

So it is $20/day for track access and $5/adult/night if we camp there. I assume that we will need to bring our own water. Firewood?
How early can we arrive?

Google threw up this place down the road
Warrumbungles, Coonabarabran Gilgandra Caravan Park & Cabins
Says pet friendly.
Looks good rates to me.

Once that is decided, might be time to start a new thread or few on organisational matters.

I'm out - 1/2 October I will be in Sydney for the Ridgeback champ show, and for what it's worth I would not be interested if I can't take a ridgie or two.

Nevermind. I'll be interested in the pics and write up.

Good luck.

Back