Navara Canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making your own canopy would be an interesting exercise and if you're good with fibreglass then it could be a lot of fun.

The only advice I'd give: make sure the upright sections can take some weight, use some tubular steel in there if you can (and across the roof) and put LED strip lighting all around. A lip-over the tub (like the SnugTop, look in my garage) helps keep the rain from seeping into the gap between. Oh, an extra brake light built into the top of the rear would not be a bad idea.

Use lift-up windows all around if access is an issue, or sliding with security mesh for carrying animals.

As for drawers, there are a few blokes here that have made them, but the important thing to consider is the weight. One of our forum members had drawers in the vehicle that were so strong and heavy that unladen his car exceeded its gvm.

Good luck - keep us posted!

Use 12 plywood for most of your drawers if possible to keep weight down. Use 16mm for the top so it can take some weight. I'm going to make a couple of drawers soon if your keen to buy a set.

Latest posts

Back