Need advice on UCA

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braeden

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have had the 2inch tough dog lift in for about a month now.
My torsion bars were wound up to level it out with the rear, probably wound up a little too much.
I've had some terrible noises coming from the front when going around left hand bends at 70km+. I'm sure it's the shock rubbing on the UCA because it's worn through the boot. Also, I heard my CV's clicking a couple of times while out bush on the weekend.

I can't find any information on weather aftermarket control arms correct the CV angle, and if they do.. How?
If they fix the CV angle I will buy a set and fix the shock rubbing issue as well.

At the end of the day I want my Nav sitting same height in the front as the back with some down travel and CVs that aren't prone to breaking.

Am I asking too much?

No they wont correct the cv angles but they will give you some more down travel

The UCA's won't correct CV angles but 2 inches shouldn't be an issue. They may help with the rubbing problem and will give better travel and help with alignment. There is a way to lower the diff down to help with CV angles and I now some of the guys were looking at it a while ago. I know Rusty was playing with the idea a while back but not sure if he ever got to doing it. I'm sure it you will get the info you need on here though.
Cheers, Brad.

Thanks guys

I will just trim my UCA's if it won't help with CV angles
Hoping I can do it without taking shock out.
I've been looking for a while and can't find much on what will help.
It's funny how superior and other companies say there product will help the angles but I'm struggling to see how it would.

Yeah the only way to lower the angles is to lower the diff cradle and in my opinion defeats the purpose of lifting in the first place. If you are ever going to buy the UCA's, buy them from the states, heaps cheaper than here and they are very easy to deal with. Search purenissan.com.
Cheers.

I can personally reccomend the superior UCA's. Have recently installed them on my Nav. Only have the torsion bars cranked up enough to level with the 3 inch extended shackles at the back but the extra down travel is noticeable just driving on the less than perfect roads around my area. Even my wife has noticed the difference. Plenty of room for the bigger shocks as well.

I can personally reccomend the superior UCA's. Have recently installed them on my Nav. Only have the torsion bars cranked up enough to level with the 3 inch extended shackles at the back but the extra down travel is noticeable just driving on the less than perfect roads around my area. Even my wife has noticed the difference. Plenty of room for the bigger shocks as well.

Iv had them for ages now and cant fault them, id have to agree they increase the handling and down travel nicely, but they are expensive.

Back