Need new motor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What has happened to the engine? Most common failure seems to be the turbocharger on these ZD30's in the D22.

Welcome to the forum!

I'd talk to Nizzbits to get a new one if that can be done, or Niss4x4.com.au for a second-hand if that's all that's available.

The warning I was given with adding LPG is putting too much in. LPG can dramatically increase combustion temperatures and although the piston crowns in our engines are cooled by sump oil squirted on the underside, you can still give it such a hit at high boost - particularly if there's no intercooler - that the piston just surrenders to the inevitable under the heat and pressure.

Good luck with your search! Is a rebuild not possible?

The head is cracked between the inlet valves on cyl 1,2 and 4. Piston 2 is cracked and scored the bore, and piston 4 showing a crack. So pritty much just save the bolt on bits and get a new crate motor/ long motor i think.
Wont be running LPG any more, think i will go for the chip and exhaust up grade instead.

Latest posts

Back