Need New Sump gasket... Things to watch for?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
Hey all, I've got a small leak at the front of my sump, nothing major, but it means I've got to change out the gasket. I figure that seeing as I'm going to be attempting the Lokka install this weekend, having the front diff out is a perfect opportunity to also do the sump gasket.

What things do I need to watch out for? Are there any special precautions that need to be taken? Hints? Tips? Tricks?

Not sure if there is actually a physical gasket---could be a silicon gu...looks that way on mine--just grey in colour.

Yeah, I'm aware that it's just a silicone gasket and already have the tune of goop, just wondering if there are any precautions that need to be take .

No nothing really to watch out for , just give it a good clean and apply the new gasket. There is a proper sequence to tighten them up tho , there a workshop manual on this forum if you want to do it . like you said best to do it wile the diffs out

kempseyken said:
No nothing really to watch out for , just give it a good clean and apply the new gasket. There is a proper sequence to tighten them up tho , there a workshop manual on this forum if you want to do it . like you said best to do it wile the diffs out

Yup, got the service manual on the hard drive; might take some digging to find that particular drawing though.

Latest posts

Back