Need Nissan Bull bar install instructions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicko23e

Reaction score
Hey all

I just bought a genuine d40 bull bar that's come off another truck & need some installing instructions/template for hacking away the front so I don't chop off too much.

Does anyone have this? let me know

Cheers!

Hey mate, I did the same thing. The genuine bar is a straight cut from one side to the other, unlike ARB bars and the like that go straight for a bit then go down. I found a car with the same bar and measured it. Measuring inside the wheel arch, I cut mine 120mm down the bumper from the join with the front guard. There's a bit of give in that, the cut can be anywhere from 100-125mm really.

People say you don't need to take the bumper off, and they're probably right, but I did just to be safe. I actually dummy fitted the bullbar without the bumper and double checked my 120mm measurement. Measured the 120mm in at each end then ran masking tape from mark to mark and cut it off with a jig saw. There is some webbing in the back that was longer than my jigsaw blade, so having the bar off was good to get through those bits.

All in all, it was a piece of piss and took me about 2.5hrs start to finish. If you take the bumper off, you will need to remove both inner guards and will also need to trim them at the front when refitting, I just cut them with a stanley knife.

Hope this helps!

Brett

thanks mate, was tonnes of help when I did it today.
The bar I bought didn't have the mounts to go between the bar & chassis. so it was about 100mm away from the chassis. Do you have any photos of how they look? so I know what I need to buy.

(bar currently has a temporary fixing method, welded metal plates onto the chassis to bolt to the bar)

I didn't take any photos, I'll see if I can get some tonight. From memory there are four plates, each with 4 holes, but I will double check

yeah, but i can just grind it off and get it flat again, no worries.
its not a big weld, its only 2 little angles welded to it, not the whole bar lol.

That would be awesome bud, thanks!

Last edited:
You will have to get them from nissan. The brackets are about $30 each from memory. I did the same, bought a bar but didnt have the mounts so i am waiting til i do the body lift then get brackets custom made so i can get the bar the right height.

Latest posts

Back