Neighbours

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good her fellows where do i go to get a basic camera i am illiterate in that area is there such a thing as a movement activated camera that records? i am taking it easy it just worries me with young kids one of the buggers walks around simulating that he is masturbating surely one must be mental to carry on like that but you have to keep your cool it's not like when we all were growing up these days the folk doing the correct thing have no f==cking rights.

john the camera I was looking at continually loop recorded (5 days for memory) and you only intervened if something happens and you have/need footage
do you guys have jaycar in qld ?
they stock them
so do dick smiths

Not that I have ever tried this of course.. but I have heard a whisper from someone who heard it from someone else ;) There happened to be a problem house in a street somewhere around here... whoops.. did I say here? It had issues with some of these inbred mentally ungifted malfeacants in it that happened to be causing major issues in the street, burnouts at all times of day, lots of big parties, cars coming and going all the time. It got to the point where they deliberately ran a mother in her car with her kids off the road as she was driving home, to where this imaginary rumoured house is said to be of course. So enough was enough. One individual happened to run across one of these bikie gang types, who offered for a very small and reasonable fee (About the same as the cameras you are talking about) once he learned that they may be have been dealing... perhaps cutting their own market out from them.. to go and sort it out. Next day a phone call was made with an offer for this person to come along for a ride with the boys on the bikes, which was politely declined as of course this never happened. 45 mins later, 16 bikes turn up on said front lawn, walked in (Obviously not bothering to knock) and stayed in there for about 15 mins. All the bikes suddenly left. The inhabitants of this raucous abode were seen to have moved out with in 23 hrs from this point. Success comes in many forms. And while perhaps this rumoured happening didn't happen in the legally correct way, it succeeded far faster and with more impact than going the legal way. You have to wonder sometimes. Of course.. this is all hearsay ;)

Oh, and the other options are, if you think there are cars coming and going all the time, and can get rego's of these cars, you can report them for possible drink driving if they are leaving the party and driving like dicks. The boys in blue will keep an eye out I can promise you. Also report a possible drug dealing issue. The Soggy boys (Special ops group) love nothing better than a nice early morning raid to keep their skills up. If there was a possibility of them finding drugs on the premises, whether the inhabitants knew or not about them (wink wink... ) then its enough for them to look deeper. Also if they have work cars, if they work, then reporting to the company that has the vehicles about the behavior that is going on with their vehicles and how it might affect company image never goes astray either.

Obviously I have never had any issues with any of these sorts of neighbours. Not any more any way .... ;)

Last edited:
My brother had trouble. Went the camera option, the bad guys put a cover over their head each time they came back. So he was back to no evidence.

Dunno what I'd do.

Reading between the lines is always interesting.
Just
bide your time and remember not to
shoot
your mouth off when they are outside or in
the
nearer rooms where they might hear you calling them
bastards
or something like that.

Again good advice Tony i guess we have covered everything in this thread perhaps we can let it go sadly you blokes are the only ones i can complain to but you all have a good answer enjoy the rest of the week i kinda feel lucky to be a member here and i appreciate all your time.
HJ

Hey mate, first hand knowledge here. With regards to noise, there is no specific law in Qld relating to time of day when the noise is occurring. It can be ten in the morning, or ten at night. If the noise is loud enough to be considered excessive from your house, then you are within your rights to make a noise complaint.

This is the same in NSW - any time of day, if you believe the noise to be excessive you can make a complaint. You can do this as often as required.
This is information provided to us from our local boys in blue. There is a house about 5 doors down from us who keep to themselves most of the time, but once every month or two they bust out the professional sound kit (full stacks, VERY loud) and crank it up all day and all night. Coppers gave us that advise last time it happened, keeping our 12 month old awake due to our walls vibrating!

I find people that stay up late generally tend to sleep in, having always had a loud car i usually make sure i fire that up at the crack of dawn, then get the mower out, then the whipper snipper, then do some drilling and some banging.

All that is perfectly legal from 7am.

If they're partying into the hours of it not being legal, means they are sleeping while it is :)

You could also do a "show of strength" by inviting half the Navara forum around for a few beers, cover your lawn and half the street with Navara's. Showing "i've got more friends than you've got" so to speak.

As Aussie Frontier said, a power outage would be a bugger aye.........

Haha I like this idea. I would be in.

Ever watched Housos on SBS (http://www.sbs.com.au/shows/housos)? Sounds like you're living in Sunnyvale mate.

Quote from show:

Dad: Where are the kids Shazza?
Mum: How the fcuk should I know Dazza ...

1 - 10 gauge shotgun, 2 blasts over their property when your family are away (don't forget to get rid of the gun soon afterwards)

2 - Setup decoy cameras pointing at their property, with real cameras covering the decoys, then you will get footage of them damaging the decoys.

3 - Turn off mains power, gas and water

4 - Find out if other neighbours are pissed off. If they are, get a posy together and just stand out the front of the house from time to time, that will get them thinking.

5 Park across their driveway.

Keep your head John, if you blow it and take yourself out of the picture the scum will have free reign and your family needs you around, karma will ensure the ratbags future is bleak and full of problems, be patient and things will eventually fall into place but be aware of your rights and push the system to work for you, after all the system is there to back the good people in society.

Keep your head John, if you blow it and take yourself out of the picture the scum will have free reign and your family needs you around, karma will ensure the ratbags future is bleak and full of problems, be patient and things will eventually fall into place but be aware of your rights and push the system to work for you, after all the system is there to back the good people in society.

Nicely said.

I've just had the well not quite dickheads from hell, but pretty close to that, screaming yelling swearing car reving morons move out of a rental over the road.
I pulled up at home yesterday and the agent was there inspecting the place and I pretty much politley gave it to straight, I never raised a complaint while the previous tenants were there for fear of reprisal but he now very clearly understands that he needs to screen his applicants more clearly or I will simply make his job of managing that property that hard he will wish he had nothing to do with it.

Hope you have some luck with your problem.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back