Nervous newboy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senseye

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
First up a Happy New Year to you all. http://www.navara.asia/images/smilies/beerchug.gif
I'm new to forums so please bear with me if I make a few stuff ups along the way. I recently bought a 2006 ST-R 3.0, a bit nervously I admit but it was the only vehicle around in my price range that met all my requirements. Time will tell I guess but it seems to be a.o.k. so far. I look forward to reading up on the wealth of information that's available here & hope that I don't need to put too much into use. Good to be a member.

Welcome mate, and don't be nervous.

You have bought an excellent vehicle, almost as good as a D40 haha (don't worry you will get used to the war between the d22 and D40 owners lol)

Welcome to the forum and happy new year.What style of martial arts do you do and where are you from.If you are interested in going off road look up trips and touring in your state as we all get together and have some fun in the bush.Cheers Scotty.

Welcome mate.

Nothing wrong with a 2006 model, mines not far off 200,000km's and has only had servicing and Map sensor, but I broke that acidently.

Good luck with the truck.

Dave.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Re the question about mods, it already has a Nissan bullbar, 125L tank, LPG, spotties, snorkel, UHF 2-way, Nokia bluetooth & tray liner so apart from maybe a canopy I don't know what's next. I'm more interested in some of the things mentioned in the forum which can help save the motor but when you say MAP, EGT, catch can etc. it's like listening to a foreign language & there are so many different opinions that it can get confusing too. I need to do a fair bit more reading before I attempt any of that stuff so in the meantime I'll just enjoy the experience. Forgot, it's done nearly 120,000 Kms & has been serviced by the book. I'll be in touch, Cheers.

Welcome to the forum and happy new year.What style of martial arts do you do and where are you from.If you are interested in going off road look up trips and touring in your state as we all get together and have some fun in the bush.Cheers Scotty.

Martial arts? If he wasn't nervous before he will be now!

I wondered about the martial arts question too, so I'll put your minds at rest although it's a bit boring. Just about every site you go to wants a user name & password before you can do anything & I was running out of ideas. Looking around for inspiration, 'Senseye' is one of the words on the front of my lcd screen so I thought that was as good as any. Nothing to do with karate chops I'm afraid.

Welcome aboard!

The EGR mod will reduce your fuel consumption slightly, and will stop your car re-ingesting the soot from its exhaust. It's an easy, inexpensive mod that shouldn't be too hard to do. There are several threads on it.

Other than that, enjoy the forum, your car and perhaps look at an outing with the local group from here.

Thanks again gents, your comments certainly make me feel welcome. Re the EGR Tony, I'll be looking around for info on that & other mods. I'll have to give your invite of a run with your local group a miss I'm afraid, I'm the other side of the country............You never know though.

Latest posts

Back