New 2015 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ I'll second that, especially if it can get oil up to the turbo, or even better keep running until the turbine temp falls below a certain level.

You wouldn't worry about storing the vehicle for a few weeks, in that case.

I think nissan need to have a good look at their engine choices. They killed the patrol with the 3L. Now they are going to kill the Navara with another poor choice. The euro emission requirements are the problem and those engines don't suit the way we use our four wheel drives. Sitting in traffic in Bangkok is a bit different to towing a 3ton van across Australia. Toyota have it now with the V8's they are using, but $72.000 for GLX cruiser ute is a joke for what you get. A GuIII with a v8 cummins would sell like hot cakes.

Oooo a Cummins :) maybe a trade in is on the cards
They need a d22 model with the Cummins engine I'd say a 5.0 Ltr diesel
With a longer wheel base so bigger tub and back seat and that would be in my drive way straight away

Despite the quoted figures of the v8 Toyota donk and the price it will still ride like a farm truck. My old 75 series was 3tonne unladen with just a heavy duty steel tray. The quoted power and torque figures mean nothing from what I have seen with the muck around I had today with the fool that could not keep up makes me wonder.

Despite the quoted figures of the v8 Toyota donk and the price it will still ride like a farm truck. My old 75 series was 3tonne unladen with just a heavy duty steel tray. The quoted power and torque figures mean nothing from what I have seen with the muck around I had today with the fool that could not keep up makes me wonder.

True. The power isn't all that great considering the Toyota V8 has twice the capacity of the navara 2.5l. It's just a shame that all the manufactures are building school yard buses not true 4x4's. It's getting to the point that they are almost not worth building with a front diff in them. The evolution of the nissan GTR is always for the bettering the product were as they seem to be evolving the off-roaders into big streeters.

Think a nice highly efficient V6 petrol would be of more of a benefit than a diesel particularly if not towing. The rumour of a Cummins diesel is out of the states and I would imagine that is purely to promote American Manufacture and sales there. For there world market, why would Nissan choose a Cummins engine over an "in house" V6 Diesel That is ready to roll and there allready tooled up for.

Last edited:
Patrols were easily able to get lift the same way by just over springing the diff. Lots cheaper too.
I`m just interested in the price difference to compensate and define between what was D40 and was D22 into what would be the replacements of each model.

Patrols were easily able to get lift the same way by just over springing the diff. Lots cheaper too.
I`m just interested in the price difference to compensate and define between what was D40 and was D22 into what would be the replacements of each model.

Yeah that form of lifting has been done for years. Just thinking it odd that in the last few years most are moving away from that sort of set up.

As far I price. Maybe base model with it's single turbo and leaf set up around the D22 and the twin coily around the d40. but that does give heaps of to be considered. And Nissan is keeping everything close in hard. No work on what type of 4wd set up it will have and if it comes with lockers

Agreed but I guess most wont leave the tar and at most a dirt road. Look at the current Pathfinder 60k and flat out getting on to the beach. It's all about prestige now all that hill start crap ect cannot replace a good driver.

Last edited:
So who are still making offroad vehicles. Jeep, Landrover, I don't know, it's a strange thing.

I looked at a Jeep the other week. There's no room inside them, put a fridge in behind the rear seats and the thing is full. Looked at Landrover defender, the diesel engine lacks power compared to the Navara. Looked at a 79 series cruiser, the interior is antiquated. The Y61 Patrol's motor is less powerful than the one in my D40.

The 4WD world is so screwed up.

Back