New arrival STX 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefoz

Reaction score
Well the new truck has finally arrived and so far i couldnt be happier.I have only just knocked over 1000ks and only around town but so far so good.
Its returning around 10.8 L/100k and that includes alot of peak hour Melbourne traffic and of course a new motor.
Compared to my 2010 GLXR it is like chalk and cheese.The Navara is smoother,quieter ,more refined and you cant even compare the difference in powerand comfort.
As this is my first Nissan after many Mitsubishis i just thought that it would be good if someone praised the car instead of bagging every little thing but you never know if this car starts giving me trouble i will be joining the mnembers giving Nissan a hard time.

People always look for the negatives in cars, good one for looking at the good things!

I'm a couple of months in, only 4,000klm up, but I'm absolutely in love with mine.

Sub 10's is easy to achieve even with plenty of town driving, and 12's is common when towing a car and car trailer. And the torque.... oh lordy, the torque is addictive!

Great vehicle.

I'm at 16,000km and she is completely bush ready now (already completed a Vic High Country run). Shits all over the D40.

Good to see that there is other happy Stx 550 owners out there.I know what you all mean when you mention the Torque.I am now even able to accelerate up the Punt Road hill easily without even working it hard.
I drove all the other vehicles before buying and the only ones that came close were the Ranger and the BT but they still sound a bit like a Massey Ferguson and they still dont have the Navara power which has become addictive.

Good to see that there is other happy Stx 550 owners out there.I know what you all mean when you mention the Torque.I am now even able to accelerate up the Punt Road hill easily without even working it hard.
I drove all the other vehicles before buying and the only ones that came close were the Ranger and the BT but they still sound a bit like a Massey Ferguson and they still dont have the Navara power which has become addictive.

Yeah same. The Ranger came closest but the value wasn't there, and a few things niggled such as the huge blind spot from the exteranl mirrors (as bad as VE Commy), and the playschool spec "satnav" (the BT50 would never get me on looks alone. I don't like vomiting when I see my own car).
A mate and I drove all the competitors and we both couldn't go past the Nav V6.

And dont forget that Nissan dealers are prepared to talk on price.Over a couple of weeks toing and froing the price steadily dropped to a point that it was nearly the same as the Ranger and BT.
And you are correct about the Satnav on the BT.I had to use my reading glasses to see the tiny screen on the Mazda and thats no good when you are driving.

Shoot, I got my 550 for less than what I would have had to pay for a Ranger XLT! Apparently Ford wouldn't even take an order for the top spec whatever they call it...... over a year out on delivery.

It's still a d40 mate

Hey 4BYFOR, yeah don't get me wrong, totally loved my previous ST-X D40, so many Km's, so many memories! But jeez I love the new girl POWER PLUS :jackoff:

How's the bash plates going anyways mate??

Hey 4BYFOR, yeah don't get me wrong, totally loved my previous ST-X D40, so many Km's, so many memories! But jeez I love the new girl POWER PLUS :jackoff:

Hehe yeh I can't wait until I can get my hands on a v6 engine later on would love to drop it in mine.. Memories are always made in a navara lol

I think the V6 version has wider front chassis rails to accomodate the wider donk. And stronger front arms to hold it up.

Have got the 550 booked in for its first service on monday but i have nothing else to tell them as so far i havent been able to find any problems.
I thinks i will get them to cange the oil and filter while i am there.
I have asked them for a rough price but so far no answer.
Any ideas on cost?

I love my 550 to. Enough power comfort and pulling power for me. For off road the VDC is great didn't even use 4wd. Tested it to see if i'm going to need a diff lock but it seems no need at this stage. Pushes the power to the contact wheel very nicely.

Just picked up my STX - 550. Kept it fairly standard 'cos I'm really only using it as a tow hack. (Got a Patrol 4.2TD ute as a 4B). The only options I inluded were

Changed the tires over to 265 75 R17 BF Goodrich All Terrains
Snorkle
Nudge bar
Rallye 4000 HID Spotties
Tow Pack
Nissan canopy

So far I've been impressed with it. Great vehicle

Gee mate that sounds nearly identical to mine.I hope you havent got it in red as well.Good luck with the new arrival, just knocked up 5000 ks in mine and still loving it.

Nahhh, got the Silver. I'm a lazy mongrel and rarely wash cars so it was either the silver or the white so dirt doesn't show up as much.

These things pull like 14 year olds. Gotta be careful and watch the speedo.

The scary thing is the fuel consumption display, just touch that accelerator and the bar graph goes off it's head. Still it's averaging 11,2l/100km with the bigger tyres.

So far so good

You will find with those tyres that your odo is about 4% out (reading low) so in reality 11.2 equates to about 10.8 or so. Check your K's traveled with a GPS.

Instantaneous fuel readings are scary. A mate had one of those cross8 utes for a while. nice car but if you really punched it up a steep hill you could get it to show triple figures!

I came up from the coast yesterday (Brown Mtn from Bega to Jindabyne). For those that know it the V6 was happy to sit in 3rd and 4th and didn't go over the 2000 rpm. It only used 3rd on a couple of the 25k corners and then straight back into fourth. It just does it so easy. Overall consumption was a bit over 10 for the trip.

Latest posts

Back