New Billet Turbos - Forefront Industries

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the YD25 turbos be the same price at the ZD30 ones?

yehp sure will dilmah

I need one if these turbos and an ARE intercooler!!!

see my intercooler here http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=23628

What kind of gains are we looking at in the yd25 model?

same as zd30 less lag and more torque my zd30 is a different car to drive now

Yeah very interested in all of the gains in having one of these.
Like your work to by the way.

Cheers.

thanks navmania yeh as above less lag and more torque are the main factors we saw when dynoing the zd30

ive finished now...in my opinion its impossible to improve on the compressor wheel now (without modifying heaps more stuff)....has every tiny little bit of latest technology in it now as will the new yd25 model in a couple of weeks and the gu models.

When you say your finished, then there is another version with the larger inducer coming?

Sweet, i'll take the first one. Send me a P.M when they are available.

Last edited:
Are you going to dyno test the YD25 version when done to compare if it is the same as the ZD30. It should perform the same shouldn't it.

Yeh similar gate setup on them similar turbos .... If i have the opportunity i have a dyno ready to go .... Its just getting the car thats the hard part... Ill see if i can convince a mate to run one up on his

No reason why it shouldnt be great i really need to do another dyno run with te latest edition turbo on mine so many improvements have been made since that first graph i expect a way more impressive graph now

Last edited:
So this comes as a complete unit, bolt old one off and bolt new on on? If its a complete unit then it's a brand new turbo. Just wondering how you make them up. Or is it just the compressor housing and turbine and modify your turbo.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand what needs to be done. It looks to me like a complete unit. Is that rite.

Nav

From what I'm gettig out if this is they are all a completed unbolt the old and bolt up the new kits. All you will need to purchase yourself is a new turbo flange gasket and studs for exhaust side of turbo. The new turbos are the same housing with improved internals like ball bearing inlet fan and larger bore size for better flow, I would also think some slight mods to exhaust side of turbo being slightly larger..

Thanks Rusty. I thought so. Big undertaking on forefront's part to buy the exhaust side to fit the new billet parts. I read in another tread that the d22 wouldn't make d40 power due to the turbo being to low tech. (Not enough boost down low) unlike what the d40 turbo can achieve. I wonder if this is the answer or will at least help.

Cheers

Hey guys they are a complete bolt on unit which is the main aim for me doing these is to make it better then stock but 100% bolt on.... They are not ball bearing .... I looked into trying to convert but the engineers tell me it cant be done .... Not easily and still be direct bolt on.

They have exhaust improvements but the major work is done in the compressor wheel which shares the same technology as basically the best performance turbos on the market .... The compressor flows more air per revolution and does it more easily too.... The compressor has the best blade design available, moves more and builds boost faster with extended tip technology and does all this while being lighter then the factory wheel

I'd never want to say bolt it on and get a million horsepower but the points are a cheaper direct fit turbo with a performance edge over a factory unit which makes it a much better car to drive

Last edited:
I'm liking this already. It's a shame the minister won't approve it without mine packing it. Any tips on erasing turbos without causing engine damage lol

Yeah. Get a squirt bottle with some dirty oil in it and squirt the turbo and a little on the driveway under it. A bit on the exhaust to so when she is driving it you will get that good old blown turbo oil smell. Leave the vents open to and disconnect your chip for the power loss effect. Let me know how you go and I will try it to. LOL :)

I'm liking this already. It's a shame the minister won't approve it without mine packing it. Any tips on erasing turbos without causing engine damage lol

Just find the biggest hill, give it the beans, hit 600+egt and turn it off straight away and let the bearings cook, do it a few times. Then you will have shaft play out of tolerance and Walah! new turbo is needed.

Just find the biggest hill, give it the beans, hit 600+egt and turn it off straight away and let the bearings cook, do it a few times. Then you will have shaft play out of tolerance and Walah! new turbo is needed.

:rofl2:

Unfortunately this is the most common reason for turbo failures, especially in the ute market. Dealers are just too stupid to explain cool-down procedure or if they do manage to squeeze it out in amongst all the other fantastic features (look, REAL rubber in the windscreen wipers and they both go left AND right) there's a good chance we'd selectively not hear it while we're taking care not to drool on the sidesteps.

"Turbocharged you say?"

"Yes, sir, and you have to mmmm mmmm mmmm" (while you dream of accelerating like Ayrton Senna) "... and then you'll be fine."

"Great! Keys?"

"Here, enjoy the car!"

:3gears:

No not yet...i have it fitted to mine ....was driving it last night ...im so happy with torque now ... Used 4th and 5th gear the whole way home feels great

Id love to go back to the day i picked the nav up and drive it to remember how much of a slug it used to be

Hey Forefront, what sort of CFM (cubic feet per minute) do your turbos put out? Looking at buying one when the YD25 version is finalised and need to know this info as I'm going custom water to air intercooler set up. Cheers

Latest posts

Back