New Billet Turbos - Forefront Industries

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any info on these yd25 new style turbos. Any dyno or etc yet? Maybe some pictures of them aswell.

Rusty

they are very very close now....we have been told we will get them end of next week if no problems come up. (about 4th oct)

So your final version is available?

yehp got them here !

Hey Forefront, what sort of CFM (cubic feet per minute) do your turbos put out? Looking at buying one when the YD25 version is finalised and need to know this info as I'm going custom water to air intercooler set up. Cheers

we dont have this testing equipment available sorry....i could probably try and find a number close for you if that helps?

My new turbo from Forefront installed and I pick ute up tomorrow for first drive. Excited much? Yup

Did You Know - Forefront is one of the sponsors of the Muster! Which is great!

Lj

My new turbo from Forefront installed and I pick ute up tomorrow for first drive. Excited much? Yup Did You Know - Forefront is one of the sponsors of the Muster! Which is great! Lj

Didn't know that about the sponsorship. Good on ya.

Can't wait to see how you go with your new turbo fitted.

New turbo

My new turbo from Forefront installed and I pick ute up tomorrow for first drive. Excited much? Yup

Did You Know - Forefront is one of the sponsors of the Muster! Which is great!

Lj

Hi ljacko

How did the first drive go with new turbo. Impressed ? Looking forward to D40 turbo

Cheers mate

Finally at last a bolt on turbo that's better than the factory unit and those crappy chinese jobs.
Now to save up the money and buy one cant wait lol

Fitted up Forefronts new turbo to the ZD30 the other weekend,not hard at all. Was a bit doey to start with because i was using a manual boost controller as well as his adjustable wastegate but i've got it sorted now. Knocked 0-100kmh times down to 13 secs from 14 and lower intake temps. Good product and good price.

hey mate.....good to hear.....make sure the wastegate pre load is minimum 5-7mm....meaning you have to pull that arm out that far to get it on the gate

what boost are you running?

20 Psi. I've only got about 3mm so i'll do some more adjusting. I had it dynoed before i tweaked the adjuster so i'll have to go back sometime and see if i can get 100kw.

Attachments

• IMG_1389.jpg
    IMG_1389.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1390.jpg
    IMG_1390.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 181
My ZD30 ute ran nice at the Muster with the new turbo on. Not dyno'ed properly and the bloke who fitted it
- left the waste-gate actuator arm up against the heat shield so it couldn't move
- lef the bottom engine side bolt off the dump, and
- dyno'ed in at 13psi which to me is low....

Suffice to say I'm finding a different tuner to go to

Lj

Most ZD30's seem to run around 14-15 psi standard but the workshop manual says to test the wastegate for function, use 20.4-21.7 psi. I wonder if hitachi recommend those levels but nissan just tune the car at 15psi to get their advertised power levels. Never could find a compessor map for the ht12.

20 Psi. I've only got about 3mm so i'll do some more adjusting. I had it dynoed before i tweaked the adjuster so i'll have to go back sometime and see if i can get 100kw.

yeh little bit more pre load and then adjust you boost tap down a bit

My ZD30 ute ran nice at the Muster with the new turbo on. Not dyno'ed properly and the bloke who fitted it
- left the waste-gate actuator arm up against the heat shield so it couldn't move
- lef the bottom engine side bolt off the dump, and
- dyno'ed in at 13psi which to me is low....

Suffice to say I'm finding a different tuner to go to

Lj

far out.....yeh 13psi is too low....15 would be better

yeah so at 13psi (with intercooler and 2.75 exhaust) in 3rd gear (Yes its 4th for 1:1... I know but these lads don't) dyno spat out 80kW and 440ftLb torque

would like a bit more.

Sure do have dyno graph ill post it tomorrow when im back at the office

I cant do these with t2 flange but could possibly arrange the correct turbo with billet wheel

A factory i have been dealing with for many many years makes the cores and being the same as oem are rebuildable

Howdy

Did you ever end up looking in to the terrano configuration?

The are the sam'ish Ht12 turbo with a T2 exhaust housing not the 3 bolt typre.

cheers.

yehp i did check them out...i see what you mean they are similar ...(thanks nissan)

at this stage the next model im focusing on is the d40 turbo to see if we can get a model out for them ....of which they used 2 (thanks nissan)

yehp i did check them out...i see what you mean they are similar ...(thanks nissan)

at this stage the next model im focusing on is the d40 turbo to see if we can get a model out for them ....of which they used 2 (thanks nissan)

sweet, my current ones fairly average condition and id like to replace it.

I might start putting pennies aside and by the time i have enough, hopefully you have a turbo for me :)

Latest posts

Back