New Billet Turbos - Forefront Industries

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
these wheels are a fair bit more efficient....but I havnt done efficiency tests compared to stock....it would be pretty dam difficult and wouldnt mean much when there is differences on peoples setups

I havnt seen a yd25 d22 running boost that high yet?

Sorry I meant D40 mate

these wheels are a fair bit more efficient....but I havnt done efficiency tests compared to stock....

No offence mate but how can you claim that if you haven't tested them?!

I was actually very interested in your product till I read that, and also, till I heard you state that the YD25 turbo is out of efficiency at 25psi.

IF you look at IHI's technical data, they state 28psi, and if you look at the heatmap, its still reasonably efficient up to around 25psi (70% IIRC).

My factory turbo is boosted and running around 22-23 pounds before the wastegate opens (no exhaust = easy to tell). The engine now pulls pretty nice up to 4000rpm before rolling off.

edited original comment.....at first i thought he was talking about d22 yd25

COMPLETELY different turbo compared to d40 yd25

xtturbo

you've taken mixed comments regarding other peoples questions on various yd25 platforms and now im confused. Theres 3 yd25 turbos in australia...we need to clarify.

We've done tons of on vehicle testing....when I say I havnt tested them what I mean is I dont have a million dollars worth of software and hardware needed to make detailed heatmaps and compressor maps/ flow charts that that the huge companies like garrett holset of ihi have. But testing.... yes many times ON vehicles and now with over 200 happy customers.

regarding efficiency compared to stock My compressor wheel modifications are proven and used all over the world every day its really quite simple combining the modifications ive listed on here many times allowing the turbo to flow more air and build boost faster while still remaining a bolt on job. Using technological advancements that have been made over the years to improve and older factory designed turbo. The exact same designs as used by the biggest performance turbo builders in the world.

Do you have test results from a D40 yet? Are you still using a VVT designed setup?

Only had a brief read as I'm on a mobile.

The first "for sale" D40 turbo arrived today.....all testing on vehicle went great

yes just like the zd30 model we kept it 100% bolt on so yes has the variable vane system

interesting dave....i thought there were plenty of options available....but doesnt look like it now with a bit of a search

You really only have the HPD type kit at pretty much $1295 everwhere.

That is also their price for a D22 kit, so you have priced your D22 Z30 kit at $789 quite well.

I reckon if you could do an upgraded D40 kit for similar money they would sell.

Shame I wasn't a bit closer you could have mine for the next week, anyway if you need any measurements I'm happy to take photos , measurement etc for you with reference to the photo if it helps get you started

Latest posts

Back