New bulbar ban?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinelli

Reaction score
So we've been through this in NSW recently and the this article about the federal government today

Safety rules just a load of bull say Northern Territorians as bullbars face ban | The Australian

No evidence given the government is thinking about it but they have dine some bloody stupid things. Might just be smoke with no fire but worth keeping your ear out hey?

Anyone got one of those rural independents as their local member? Might be worth having a quiet chat in their ear about their future if they support this sort of crap.

Wow usually this stuff goes twelve months between being brought up, this is twice in a month, someone in NT must be desperate to get their name in lights now. There is already several threads relating to this topic. All I can say is that it would take a ballsy government to change the law so to me all the protests and surveys, etc are a waste of time until the wives of government officials, high ranking public servants and other such soccer mums stop buying cars with bullbars on them.

They did it in the UK a good 10 years or so ago, I think over there you have to prove you need one to protect your vehicle (farmers etc), although there aren't the same likelihoods (new word?) of animal strike in general driving, at least not animals that cause problems when you hit em.
Lets see what comes of it

Considering the first I remember hearing about this was back in 84 when we first started driving around the F100 with a home made bullbar on it and even back then they were suggesting such exemptions as for farm use or cars that traveled rural roads, I wouldn't be holding my breath for any such legislation to be passed.

They are suggesting we follow the UK rulings .
Things like bullbars allowed via postcode.City codes means no bars and country codes get bars .Crap like that

I reckon

however the dates are new installs from 2013 onwards

Australian 4WD Industry Council Bullbar Survey

ARB, in conjunction with the Australian 4WD Industry Council has launched a national on-line public survey to collect information from the public about their use of bull bars and nudge bars.
The safety of Australian motorists that drive vehicles fitted with bull bars and nudge bars is threatened by proposed new Federal Government regulations, which are based on rules developed for the European environment and road conditions by the United Nations Economic Cooperation for Europe (UNECE).

Bull Bars Under Threat

:devil:We shall never surrender our Bullbars. We have the right to protect ourselves and our families

Just was reading the local rag and came across 1/2 page article by the Aust 4WD Industry Council, re the above post online survey and the threat of new gov regs banning
Bullbars,
Winches and
Driving lights....

:rant::rant:WTF:rant::rant:

Latest posts

Back