For Krankin. Daewoo might build the Dunnydore.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They dont last long if you take them offroad, Ballarat dealership had a GW come in on a monday with a bent chassis after trying to take it offroad. I know all cars have issues

there is a thread here about navara bent chassis....

Nah you will be ok you'll just be designing cars for a bean counter with an Australian ABN (thus making you an Australian worker). The bean counter then in turn sells everything you design to an off shore company who can then onsell the idea back to Aussies at triple the price. It's a win win situation...for someone else.

Nah you will be ok you'll just be designing cars for a bean counter with an Australian ABN (thus making you an Australian worker). The bean counter then in turn sells everything you design to an off shore company who can then onsell the idea back to Aussies at triple the price. It's a win win situation...for someone else.

the same can be said about our resources being all sold off to o/seas and then we buy back at triple the cost now....
what happens when all our deposits have run dry.....what sort of country will we have then.....a handfull of filthy rich miners with the rest of the country worse than 3rd world...?????
ponder that!

Sorry I can't do much more than that I've only ever owned one car with a so called "aussie" badge on it and that was a Ford Telstar all the rest of my cars have been made by overseas companies. As I suspect half the crap in my house is.

the same can be said about our resources being all sold off to o/seas and then we buy back at triple the cost now....
what happens when all our deposits have run dry.....what sort of country will we have then.....a handfull of filthy rich miners with the rest of the country worse than 3rd world...?????
ponder that!

I have been saying that for a long time.

This country is being sold out, get all the photos you can.

All the New Australians are turning it into there former home.

New Australian says "We dont like Christmas". Politician says "Sure, we'll get rid of that"

Etc, the list !@#$%^& goes on and on.

Out west is still Australia, well until the cities are chockers.

In saying that, it would be damn hard to run a manufacturing business in Aus now days with the temptation of low cost and high quality off shore manufacturing.

The writing has been on the wall for car manufacturing in Australia for a few decades. With modern production techniques. we have not had the population size to fully support just one car manufacturer for a few decades. AFAIK, all cars can have components parts made any where in the world and shipped to final assembly plants. This is what some "Australian" manufacturers are actually doing, in he car and other areas.

Look at all the Bosch stuff in Commodores and Falcon's.

R31 Skylines, R31 and U12 Pintara's use PWR brake boosters and associated parts.

Pretty sure the Calipers were Jap though.

Well the AWD Calipers were different.

well then if that were the case, there would be no sales and they'd stop making them...just like what happened to the Munro,
same can be said about the Falcons....they both sell here, there's no mistaking it.

Mitsubishi stopped making local cars when they dropped under 1000 units a month, the Falcon is down to around 1500 (the 380 was at that level 3 years before they stopped). I fully expect the next Falcon not to be a local designed car and once it isn't it well... that's it, Oz will be down to 1 local 'family' car.

The commodore is doing a lot better and it isn't going anywhere in the short term but it is trending downwards and has been for a couple of decades now.

That trend will almost certainly continue and that will place the locally built commodore in a similar position to the Falcon.

It's ok to spend a billion every so often if your car is selling 6000 a month but 1500? Not going to happen.

Latest posts

Back