New D22 ST-R options

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty_hans

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm very close to buying a new 2011 ST-R, and just had a few questions to put out there if anyone can help me.

Firstly the ST-R doesn't come standard with baby seat clips/anchors in the back, and Nissan have told me they will cost $190 each to have them installed! As I need 2 this is going to cost an extra $380! Does anyone know if you can get them done cheaper than that elsewhere?

Also I will be needing some sort of hard lid or canopy for the back, any advise on brands and pricing would be very much appreciated, I live just west of Melbourne if that helps.

Thank you all in advance.
Cheers Matt

I would go to another dealer and bargain the best price for a new truck with all the extra's you can squeeze out of them. Then ask for the anchors to be thrown in to finalise the sale.

Mate Go the canopy ! I have had a soft cover a hard cover and now a canopy.
There is no comparison. I have a TJM but I believe that most brands are Ok it's then down to the value for money you can get !

I would go to another dealer and bargain the best price for a new truck with all the extra's you can squeeze out of them. Then ask for the anchors to be thrown in to finalise the sale.

What he said.

There moving the manufacturing back to Japan to, you could always wait till then.

Thanks for info and advice guys, I'm please to report that I was at the Nissan dealer today and finalized the deal with them. I ended up talking them down to $30800 on road with factory key less entry and cruise control as optional extras.

As for the baby seat anchors I will get them fitted later.

Another question I will be looking at getting the following put on the D22 in the near future:

Snorkel
B/Bar
and 2" Lift

All advice on brands and info would be great.
Still don't know weather to get an alloy B/Bar or a steel one...comments?

Cheers

Good luck getting child seats in the d22... One of the main reasons i bought the D40. I dont think a capsule would fit unless the front seat is all the way forward.

Thanks for info and advice guys, I'm please to report that I was at the Nissan dealer today and finalized the deal with them. I ended up talking them down to $30800 on road with factory key less entry and cruise control as optional extras.

Another question I will be looking at getting the following put on the D22 in the near future:

Snorkel
B/Bar
and 2" Lift

Cheers

Go with a genuine snorkle, best fit and quality and very reasonable price. Contact Nizzbits for a quote.

Regards
Greg

Good luck getting child seats in the d22... One of the main reasons i bought the D40. I dont think a capsule would fit unless the front seat is all the way forward.

yeah capsules are a bit of pita but the forward facing seats are ok. where you located? do a google search for baby anchor fitters in your area or ask the dealer who they use, mine cost me $330 i think so $380 isnt far off the mark!!

bryan

Snorkel
B/Bar
and 2" Lift

Cheers

yeah genuine nissan snorkle, b/bar depends if you want a winch later or not wether you go steel or ally and lift will it all comes down to how much $$$ you have!!

bryan

The anchors in the car are expensive because they need to be engineered aswell. Go a steel bar as you can later put as winch on it.I have Dobinson suspension in mine and find it great. I have Ironman torsion bars.Ioronman stuff is good to. Congrats on the new purchace.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the info and advice, as I am fairly new to the 4x4 scene.

One last question, what are a good/reliable brand of AT tires? Any comments on size etc would be great.

Basically I want good AT tires that allow me to do some 4x4 tracks but something that wont wreck my fuel economy too much. Once again all advice would be great.

Cheers
Matt

matty_hans said:
Thanks guys I really appreciate the info and advice, as I am fairly new to the 4x4 scene.

One last question, what are a good/reliable brand of AT tires? Any comments on size etc would be great.

Basically I want good AT tires that allow me to do some 4x4 tracks but something that wont wreck my fuel economy too much. Once again all advice would be great.

Cheers
Matt

Im going with 31" bf goodrich at's on a 16x8 black sunraysia wheel, the standard 693 bridgstone duellers on the nav are plain s#!thouse.

Latest posts

Back